Small Form Factor Gaming PC Advice

Associate
Hi all, it feels like too long since I last perused these forums but I've come back to the realm of PC Building and with some questions!

My main issue at the moment is finding what case, motherboard, PSU & CPU cooler to run for a small form factor gaming PC that I can transport with relative ease. Current parts that I have bought and looking to buy include the following;
Bought:
-i5 7500
-Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 RAM Kit (3000MHz)
Looking to buy:
-Nvidia Gtx 1070 Zotac Mini

And now I'm looking for advice with regards to the other components. In terms of preferable spec, the following ideas:
-A modular PSU is preferred, but semi-modular is still an option (to keep prices relatively low)
-CPU cooler, an aio water cooler is something I haven't used before but their simplicity and size look ideal

With regards to the mobo and case they're interdependent (in terms of form factor) but small and functional is the goal here, as well as fitting a 3.5" drive and a 2.5" SSD too. Space for a wifi card (if not built in on the motherboard) is wanted too.

General trend, also is to not include any components that are too exotic, both in terms of looks and prices.

This forum is second to none in terms of advice so any advice given is greatly appreciated, cheers.

Last edited:
If you're wanting a second card for WiFi, I'm guessing you're not intending on an ITX motherboard? ... What kind of transport are we talking? Diving it to a mate's, or in and out of hotels/LAN parties?

I didn't realise that ITX was limited like that, sorry! But transport wise, public transport would be once in a while but most likely in a car would how it would be transported (as I'll be having to take this from home and Uni and to some e-sports society events, too). In terms of shape, just anything that is relatively easy (or as easy as it can be with transporting a computer around!) would be good. Had my eyes on a Bitfenix Prodigy but heard they're a bit big?

Back
Top Bottom