Smart light bulbs

Associate
hello everyone please can you recommend me the best smart bulbs to go for I am at the moment using CALEX with my alexa they are doing the job and have been for over 10 months but the company and technical support are absolutely horrendous to get in torture with and I've had enough I don't care what the cost is going to be but I am replacing them all 18 of them around my home please help me thank you very much

I only use Hue, throughout our whole house. Controlled via motion sensors, remotes and Alexa.
I tried Osram and IKEA bulbs alongside them but consistently had issues with them so got rid.

Another vote for Hue. Yes they’re expensive but it’s a bullet proof setup. The bulbs are also good quality. I’ve had some for seven or eight years now

As above, Hue is rock solid reliable. I've got my doubts with the company as a whole over the past year as their stuff is grossly overpriced, and they just aren't evolving at all compared to the competition however reliability for their core products is solid. I've been using them since 2015 (over 2 homes) and haven't had a single Hue fail on me thus far.

Also no issues with Hue here. I have some routines set up with Hue motion sensors on Hue's side, some routines using Hue switches, then others set up controlled through Alexa.

I've got hue colour bulbs in almost every room and only really use the normal white colour.

so if you get hue save your self some money and don't get the colour ones, or only get one

Last edited:
I've got hue colour bulbs in almost every room and only really use the normal white colour.

so if you get hue save your self some money and don't get the colour ones, or only get one
with my Calex they are all colour ones and we have a different colour for each room the kids room is like a disco because you can have on flashing and changing colors

I use Govee smart bulbs and couldn't be happier, in my experience they're perfectly consistent, work with Alexa etc, are brighter than Hue and far cheaper.

Hue do have the best bulbs and rep in the market. You get what you pay for really, I've been running mine for nearly 10 years now.

There's an upcoming prime day where they're pretty much guaranteed to be on offer (they have been every other prime sale) if you're happy to wait a bit.

I've been using various IKEA bulbs and remotes/switches for years (albeit I've never tried the colour bulbs), I've had no problems with them, they're pretty cheap and they integrate well with Google Home too. I've also got some of their smart plugs, smart LED drivers, a door/window sensor and a leak sensor.

Another vote for Hue here. Connects flawlessly with our google home hub. Occasionally (twice a year?) I might need to powercycle the Hue base station after a reboot of the router causes the two to stop talking

Bought 3 Hue bulbs 7 years ago (2 required and 1 as spare) on a Black Friday deal and the spare is still sat in it's box as the other 2 have just been faultless, 100% would recommend them

What is the cheapest way to setup 2x Hue GU10 bulbs? Assuming I need a hub etc.
Yep, just need the bridge and you're good to go by hooking it up to your router and using the app. There are 400lm GU10's coming apparently, the current range are ancient and are 350lm so I may grab the new ones for my hallway. I wish they were brighter than 400lm even - my current non-smart ones are 800lm!

I use the tp-link tapo smart bulbs. Seamlessly links with Amazon Alexa with the tapo app. Easy to use can recommend as a cheaper alternative to hue.
For me, I got the RGB bulbs although I only run it in white colour. The reason is that I find 2700k far too yellow for my liking so I normally run my hallway/bedroom lights at just over 3000k and my kitchen at 4000k. Only the RGB bulbs allow the white colour temps to be altered, in addition to the additional colours and dimmer. I believe the "white" bulbs only come with a single colour temp and only the dimmer settings are available.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom