Smart meter

Soldato
Electric smart meter, i keep getting the hard sell from my supplier but what are the benefits to me as a consumer if i already know i won't. Be changing my usage?

Should i be concerned about adjustable tariffs?

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Unless you aready do your best to lower your bill or don't care how much your bill is because your rolling in money it will make you conscious of how much energy you are consuming.

I do have one and you are not missing out on much but it can be quite eye opening for those who live in a house with quite a few bedrooms.
I have 4 kids i do all i can to lower my usage can't see how if can possibly help. It takes 2 mins to upload readings which pops up monthly in my calendar.

Don't see the benefits whatsoever.

Downsides,

Timed tarrifs, selective outages.for starters

Soldato
OP
No, that's a cheaper rate at night. Smart meters allow billing down to the hour, so at some point you're gonna get different rates in different hours all through the day. Most expensive being peak times (evening, weekends) when you want to use the most, naturally. If you have a dumb meter you don't have this problem.
Bingo

Soldato
OP
timed tariffs are not a downside if you make the right choice. You think they’ll be more expensive? Or the electric companies will price out people on flat rate?

having 4 kids, lots of washing, tumble drying and dishwashing? Well if you set them all to go on at cheap times you could reduce the cost by 60% and those items in a normal contribute 80% of your usage.

it saves you time (not a lot) and helps towards the greener future we need.

Don't think my kids come with timers :) Its also dangerous to have stuff on during the night, ask a fireman

Back
Top Bottom