Smartphone help for HONOR X6

Associate
My dad has just purchased an HONOR X6, for the cloud storage does he need to create an ID account for this?
we both are not smartphone savvy and was wondering if anyone could help with this , thanks mike

Soldato
Assuming you mean for the gallery app, yes, you will need an account. However, since you need to sign in with a Google account anyway, I would use Google's cloud solution instead and install Google Photos. Honor/Huawei only provides 5gb of free space while Google offers 15gb.

Associate
OP
Assuming you mean for the gallery app, yes, you will need an account. However, since you need to sign in with a Google account anyway, I would use Google's cloud solution instead and install Google Photos. Honor/Huawei only provides 5gb of free space while Google offers 15gb.
Yeah, he got photos & videos he needs to backup. So just to clarify will need to set up an HONOR ID/Account to get access to the cloud including the free storage?

Associate
OP
Yes but as mentioned I wouldn't bother as Google's solution will have more free space.
Thanks for the feedback. will set it up tonight for my dad. do i need an email account to register the HONOR ID account or a phone number? apologies for the questions were not smartphone savyy

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for the feedback. will set it up tonight for my dad. do i need an email account to register the HONOR ID account or a phone number? apologies for the questions were not smartphone savyy
Is there a reason why you want to sign up for Honor's cloud solution instead of the Google solution? As mentioned before, your dad will need a Google account anyway to access the Play store to download apps and backup, so might as well use that instead of creating an Honor account simply for their cloud backup, which only provides a tiny 5gb of space instead. The less accounts your dad needs on the phone, the more simpler it'll be for him (less passwords to remember for example).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom