Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Caporegime
Zero results, will keep an eye open.

one sold the other day. BNIB for around £90 which is half the RRP.

the 360 sport is rarer to find on ebay, plenty of gen 2's but no GPS on the gen 2. dunno why they added gps to the 360 sport only as it's the cheaper model of the 2.

I wish i had waited and bagged that BNIB one now as I paid £80 odd for a 3 month old one with minimal use.

Associate
Has anyone else with a gear s3 managed to set up Samsung pay on a non Samsung phone? I see instructions on how to but the Samsung pay option is just not there in my Samsung gear app.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Without being waterproof its pointless.

The new pebble had everything i wanted in a watch and now its gone gone gone :(

Associate
Frontier is back in stock on the Samsung website, just nabbed one myself :)

Eventually got hold of one :D

It did involve another failed payment attempt as Samsung's debit card payment system failed yet they still took the money. Did it by bank transfer in the end. And after a 20 mile, 130 min round trip to the UK Mail depot to pick up a package the whole buying saga is now over...phew!! :D

Associate

Eventually got hold of one :D

It did involve another failed payment attempt as Samsung's debit card payment system failed yet they still took the money. Did it by bank transfer in the end. And after a 20 mile, 130 min round trip to the UK Mail depot to pick up a package the whole buying saga is now over...phew!! :D

Glad you got one in the end! Didn't have any issues ordering one personally, and delivery was pretty quick. Really liking this thing so far, the vibration is subtle enough to not annoy me and I like the alerts.

Soldato
So is the S3 really much bigger than the S2? I've not really ever worn a watch but I fancied the S2. Then I found out the S3 was about to be released with GPS, but it's much bigger.

Decisions decisions. I wanted the smaller watch but with GPS. What else does the S3 improve on over the S2?

Associate
So is the S3 really much bigger than the S2? I've not really ever worn a watch but I fancied the S2. Then I found out the S3 was about to be released with GPS, but it's much bigger.

Decisions decisions. I wanted the smaller watch but with GPS. What else does the S3 improve on over the S2?

I've seen people talk about how it's really big and really heavy but I have average to small wrists and it looks fine. The weight, well it's less than half that of my normal watch/es.

I've never wanted to wear a slim watch that looks lost on my wrist as I think that's a bit too ladylike for me ;) :D

There are times when a slightly bulky watch can be a hazard, maybe at work where it can get caught on too many things. A slightly more streamlined approach is best then.
Will try it out at work next week and see if the 'height' of the s3 is cumbersome or not.

Other than that it's great so far :)

Associate
Glad you got one in the end! Didn't have any issues ordering one personally, and delivery was pretty quick. Really liking this thing so far, the vibration is subtle enough to not annoy me and I like the alerts.

Thanks :) it seems to have been a rocky road to ownership, especially for me! Wasn't really expecting to get one before Christmas but thanks to you, pointing out they were back in stock at Samsung, my birthday present has landed :D

As long as I don't have to wait until March for my Christmas present :o

Associate
Thanks :) it seems to have been a rocky road to ownership, especially for me! Wasn't really expecting to get one before Christmas but thanks to you, pointing out they were back in stock at Samsung, my birthday present has landed :D

As long as I don't have to wait until March for my Christmas present :o

I was checking that samsung site every hour for days :D

Soldato
I've seen people talk about how it's really big and really heavy but I have average to small wrists and it looks fine. The weight, well it's less than half that of my normal watch/es.

I've never wanted to wear a slim watch that looks lost on my wrist as I think that's a bit too ladylike for me ;) :D

There are times when a slightly bulky watch can be a hazard, maybe at work where it can get caught on too many things. A slightly more streamlined approach is best then.
Will try it out at work next week and see if the 'height' of the s3 is cumbersome or not.

Other than that it's great so far :)

Thanks, that's seems pretty positive. I guess I won't know for sure until I try one on, so off to the shops I go!

Soldato
What sites/stores are good for stocking Smart watches? Trying to find a Zenwatch 3/When one will be available, but I'm not finding anything at all for the UK.

Associate
Anyone picked up a Sony Smartwatch 3 recently, available for £70 from Currys?
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/smart-...sic-swr50-black-10119743-pdt.html#srcid=11026

How is anyone finding the GPS tracking for apps like Strava?

I got one. I wasn't sure I'd use a Smartwatch or just see it as a bit of a gimick, but at less than £80 for the Sony it was a steal.

I'm really impressed with it! I use the CityMapper and Google Maps apps as I navigate round London a lot and It's excellent at that. I haven't noticed any issues with the GPS.

I also love the transreflective screen as you can see the time even when the watch display is 'off'.

It's an excellent bit of kit for the money. It's a bit long in the tooth but it does everything I need it too. I just wish there was a better choice of straps.

£300+ for a smartwatch would put a lot of people off buying one, but for less than £80 the Sony could be a bit of a breakthrough device...

Associate
What sites/stores are good for stocking Smart watches? Trying to find a Zenwatch 3/When one will be available, but I'm not finding anything at all for the UK.

Good luck, I am in exactly the same boat. There is hardly any information about a UK release and which stores will stock it, which was pretty much the same for both the Zenwatch 1 & 2. Ebay is probably your best bet at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom