Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Ridiculous if true. I'll stick to my Pebble for now. 6 Days battery with weather and notifications being pushed.

Soldato
While it is silly how these things only have a days battery, does it matter too much?

I think everybody has got into the habit of putting their phone on charge when they go to sleep. I imagine you would remove your watch when you sleep, so simply put it on the wireless charging cradle...

The 360 looks really nice to me, I just don't know if it is worth the money and how often I would use it. The battery wouldn't put me off though as long as it can get through a daily comfortably.

Soldato
Have to say as well I take the tech journos' opinions on battery life with a pinch of salt as pretty sure the amount of notification etc they get from the 10 social media and 6 messaging apps they are no doubt in constant contact with are vastly in excess of your average person - personally I'd be charging the 360 every night for sure but very much doubt I'd ever run out of battery life on an average day.

Last edited:
Associate
I can live with charging daily like I do my phone. Anything less than a day though is just majorly inconvenient. At least we have a month to see what the Americans make of it.

Soldato
"Every time I turn my wrist it'll pop!"

Then it didn't turn on haha. Made me giggle. I guess the people that complain about battery are those that want the screen on all the time.

Associate
Not too bothered. Motorola seem to be pretty crap when you read about the debacle in the US. No stock anywhere. Those that have been sold at Best Buy are mainly black. I personally want a silver so I hope they sort it out when they are released in the UK.

Soldato
"Every time I turn my wrist it'll pop!"

Then it didn't turn on haha. Made me giggle. I guess the people that complain about battery are those that want the screen on all the time.

Well I don't see any reason why these wearables shouldn't have the screen on all the time, if it dims and stays on fine, its a watch after all. Plus if you're at your desk or whatever and glance down the time isn't showing...you'll have to lift your wrist or touch the screen...the battery appears a massive oversight sadly.

Soldato
Oh I agree. I can't see myself being interested in one of these watches for a few years yet, while the 360 finally looks like a device I wouldn't mind wearing there is still too many drawbacks.

Lack of advancements in battery technology in the past five years has really hampered tech progression. Really feels like batteries are holding back tech like watches, lots hope we see new technology in the coming years.

Back
Top Bottom