Smootie ideas please.

Associate
I wouldn't worry at all about the amount of calories in the smoothies, you need them to set you up for the day. Just stick to low fat yogurts/milk and you'll be fine. I also like to blend some porridge oats into the smoothie.

As well as cutting out the junk you should try to eat 6 small meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 or 3 healthy snacks). This will keep your metabolism going, increasing the number of calories you burn when you're just sitting about, and it means you won't be starving and tempted to binge!

Associate
Just made one here
How about storage? Can I make some and then leave in sealed container in fridge and how long will it last?

If you're making large quantities then it's probably worth freezing.

Depending on how long the fruit has been sitting around before you turn it into a smoothie, you can expect it to start fermenting in 2 or 3 days - little bubbles appear and it loses some of its sweetness (that's the bacteria eating your sugar for you!)

I don't have much control when there's something that tasty around so I haven't often seen smoothies get that old anyway :D but when I have I still drink them. Innocent says it's okay in the print on their bottles.

Associate
On a random off note if you want a few exercises that are easy to do for weight loss I'd recommend Charles Bronsons solitary fitness book. The guy's a bit mental and I'm not even close t following it to the letter but there's all these little exercises to do without needing any equipment. It's working well for me.

Caporegime
Use Xylitol as a replacement for sugar, it costs a little but if you rely on natural sources of sugar your wanting for the less healthy white stuff will diminish. You also won't need much of it anyway since xylitol is sweeter than sucrose. Get your sugars from fresh fruit, diluted fruit juice, agave (cactus ), xylitol, molasses etc. Also by minimising the junk food and sugar that accompanies it, you'll have a much more even blood sugar so won't be hungry every hour or so.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Vodka, crushed ice and some strawberrys.

* or anything but must include alcohol.

Are hangovers related to diet? My diet aint too bad, but my hangovers suck.

Caporegime
Vitamin B5 for hang overs, also known as Pantothenic acid. Better to buy a B-complex though otherwise you can hinder the absorption of the other B vits. always buy from an independent health food store if you can, to support the smaller shops;) Horrible and Barrett sell low end quality carp to be frank. Most of it anyway.

Soldato
OP
Horrible and Barrett sell low end quality carp to be frank. Most of it anyway.

Never bought my fish from them ;)

Vitamin B5 for hang overs, also known as Pantothenic acid. Better to buy a B-complex though otherwise you can hinder the absorption of the other B vits. always buy from an independent health food store if you can, to support the smaller shops;)

Suggestions ?

Dont know if it is linked but three days after starting this I took a really bad viral infection and am now only just getting things back together. I mean I was seeing monkeys everytime I clsoed my eyes.

Caporegime
When people live unhealthy lives and start to turn things around they sometimes feel worse before they get better...this can be due to the toxins coming out, though I expect in your case it isn't linked.

As for suggestions... - Find a local health food store in Dundee my friend;)

Hope all goes well.:)

Associate
stick with this, you'll feel better in the end. I've recently improved my diet massivley, I do tend to drink more now than before (booze) but I have very little sugar, no fizzy drinks and really watch my calories.

I feel a lot better for it and have lost a lot of weight, still more to go though!

Soldato
I was of the understanding that one of the main benefits of fruit was the time it takes to break down once you eat it, giving you sustained energy. Blending it into a smoothie negates this. Personally I would just eat the fruit as it is.

Caporegime
I was of the understanding that one of the main benefits of fruit was the time it takes to break down once you eat it, giving you sustained energy. Blending it into a smoothie negates this. Personally I would just eat the fruit as it is.

Yes, preferably, it is better to eat fresh whole fruit as it is.

Back
Top Bottom