.snap packages on Linux Mint 17.3?

Soldato
I just read about them & they sound great, but I also read on the mint page if it isn't broke, don't fix it... Good point 17.3 is working for me, so why upgrade, I've heard 18 might have some issues anyway... I just love how .snap sounds though...

Soldato
I have for the weekend, been toying with MINT 18 and I have found a number of things.

Firstly is that my screen rez is a bugger to get above 1024x768 without some trickery. I have managed it, but it wont stay after a restart, but then I have the same issues with Sabayon anyway.

Another is that ( unless I am utterly blind ) but I could not find a KDE distro, and so I grabbed the Cinnamon and installed KDE from that, and this ended up wrecking my install.

Not much of a problem... I have an SSD for root and Swap and my HD for /home and I never usually format /home but this time, what I have done, is took my normal /home drive out and I am installing to a brand new pair of Drives as I have done 2x60GB and 2x1TB in 2 RAID setups for a giggle, plus I am trying out UEFI ( not really worth the hassle IMO ) and after all the fannying about, I have decided that it might be a tad too early, or there is just too many hiccups for it to be worth a stable install and as of half an hour ago, I went back to 17.3 KDE and so far so good, its installed without UEFI but ont the dual RAID setup and its as quick as I can expect it to be.

Soldato
OP
Ya, the new Ubuntu has a new display server, so mint 18 does also, since Mint is built ontop of Ubuntu... I have heard it has issues also, not sure why xserver got the boot... Be awesome if they put .snao into older distros...

Back
Top Bottom