• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Snapdragon X Elite Reviews

Soldato
Been looking at a new laptop and was really intrigued by these. Around 1k can get a Apple M1 Pro (refurb) which seems to lag a little behind the Elite on benchmarks but Apple Silicon has had a few years head start to get apps up to date etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Been looking at a new laptop and was really intrigued by these. Around 1k can get an Apple M1 Pro (refurb) which seems to lag a little behind the Elite on benchmarks but Apple Silicon has had a few years head start to get apps up to date etc.
Basically comes down to checking what apps you use and how many of them are native. You should expect any generally relevant and modern software to get a native build at some point.

The main thing I like about Snapdragon laptops is the extra RAM. I couldn’t stomach an 8GB machine.

Soldato
Basically comes down to checking what apps you use and how many of them are native. You should expect any generally relevant and modern software to get a native build at some point.

The main thing I like about Snapdragon laptops is the extra RAM. I couldn’t stomach an 8GB machine.
Yeah that's very true. I think pretty much everything I need is available. All of my dev work id try to do on cloud machine anyway.

For the price of a Snapdragon Plus machine you can get an M1 pro with 16gb albeit refurb machine.

I probably don't need as much power as either of them for local work but it's nice to have I guess!

Back
Top Bottom