Snow Sports Thread 2019-20

Soldato
Thought id start a new thread

Booked to go Les arcs again in Feb, Bought the new Capita Horrorscope on the last day this year so dying to get some snow on it!

Need new boots and goggles this year, my lenses were all crap on cloudy days and boot sole came away on the last day.

where is everyone heading this year?

Soldato
OP
Boots and goggles - good time to be on the hunt, as lots of discounts are usually about atm.

I think I'll get shot if I buy anymore boards/gear... Especially as I have a new board in the wrapper still...

yup, mirrored lenses look cool, but aren't that helpful on overcast days. I usually ride with a 2nd lens but this year I tried some photochromic lenses, v cool and good, just pricey :(.

After Japan epicness last winter and gaining a sprog, I'm limiting myself to Europe this winter. So far have La Plagne booked for late Dec and St Anton for mid March. I might try and get away in late Jan, but nothing planned yet.

I had mirror'd and low light lenses but the low light lenses were absolute cack!

I think im going to go photochromic instead of buying cheaper to just buy another pair again.

Japan is my dream destination for boarding! maybe next year it will happen.

Soldato
OP
I've just refreshed my Burton collection with new board, step on bindings and boots. Not going until February but will have to scratch the itch up at mk before then :D

I was really tempted to buy a set just couldn't bring myself to splash the cash!

be interested to know your thoughts on them once ridden

Soldato
OP
So what do we think the resorts will look like come winter?

Socially distanced lift queues? They would stretch for miles! Bubble lifts limited to certain numbers? Would lead to more queues and places like Mayrhofen where the only way to reach the pistes is via gondola are going to struggle. Apres?

Hmmm....

I hope its calmed down by then, i cant see social distancing working for lifts as you said the queues will be miles long.

I cant imagine its going to be much fun if things haven't been eased by then.

Back
Top Bottom