Snow White 2024

Dons, please merge this with an existing Snow White 2024 thread as I could have sworn one already exists but the forum search either isn't coming up with it or (more likely!) I'm doing it wrong.

Firstly, I want to debunk an urban myth from this week about the Snow White actress (Rachel Zegler) either stepping down or being kicked from the cast. Snopes.com is a myth-buster site that confirms if a story is true or a hoax. The Snow White Rachel Zegler myth is confirmed a hoax.

Secondly, I'm quite looking forward to this. I'm hoping for a balance between the original storyline (evil queen, poisoned apple, true love's kiss etc) and giving it a modern touch. After all, the lady being portrayed as the housekeeper is a tad dated now. Then on the love story / prince charming side of things, I think Tangled got it just about right with both Rapunzel and Flynn being strong characters, and that was like only just over 10 years ago. I hope Disney can pull it off again with this remake. Will be interesting to see what they do with the dwarves (or the titular 'dwarfs') as well.

'Dead internet theory' eh? I'm not a bot or employed by Disney. In fact, I'm not even such much of a Disney fan now as I think the organisation has become too big. I want them to let go of Marvel / Star Wars and go back 10 years to their Tangled/Frozen era, a time when they were doing really well.

Agreed that their live actions are hit and miss. I liked Alice in Wonderland (2010), Cinderella, Maleficent, Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin.

I was only starting a conversation on Disney's next live action remake as there have been a few remake threads in the Box Office section, and how it can balance the original story with more modern values. I don't see how Song of the South is relevant.

I shudder at the thought of live action Lilo & Stitch, anyone familiar with it & my username will understand why :)

L&S is still my all-time favourite Disney flick. I can see how it can go wrong with the violent slapstick in today's fragile society though. This is because when I bought the DVD all those years ago, it was rated U, and when the blu-ray finally came out and I bought that, it got re-rated as a PG. Give it a couple of more years and half of the population won't be able to watch it (or the remake) because it will move up to a 15!

As a Disney fan, I'm just sad that there is so much politics around these recent films including the upcomig Snow White. It was only 10 years ago when they were cashing in on Frozen, Tangled, Moana etc. Could they not go back to doing that sort of stuff again?

Thanks for the trailer @rp2000

I like how Snow White and the Evil Queen looks, and the CGI'd animals. Unless I've missed it, I didn't notice any dwarves, which was key to the original 30s film. I'm still up for seeing this on the big screen though on what I saw in this trailer.

I'm still waiting on a Lilo & Stitch date!

Back
Top Bottom