Snow White 2024

These have pretty much all been awful… taking 90 minute concise and punchy stories and padding them whilst simultaneously removing emotional emphasis.

Jasmine had a pretty good new song in the live action Aladdin but that’s the only notable change that stands out in the whole set.

Less is more!

Edit: admittedly haven’t seen the little mermaid remake.

Last edited:
I shudder at the thought of live action Lilo & Stitch, anyone familiar with it & my username will understand why :)

L&S is still my all-time favourite Disney flick. I can see how it can go wrong with the violent slapstick in today's fragile society though. This is because when I bought the DVD all those years ago, it was rated U, and when the blu-ray finally came out and I bought that, it got re-rated as a PG. Give it a couple of more years and half of the population won't be able to watch it (or the remake) because it will move up to a 15!

Funny that there's no dwarves, apparently Peter Dinklage was outspoken about it, and Disney changed their minds, much to the chagrin of actual dwarf sized actors.

And we also have a gobby Latina playing Snow White, she's been flapping her gums in the media about how in the original movie the prince was a stalker etc. She comes off in interviews as being thick as **** to be honest.

Fun fact for the L&S fans: the ending scene was originally supposed to be a plane flying through a city trying not to crash, which got scrubbed due to 9/11 but the animation was repurposed:

That's interesting and never realised that!

Loosely related; We actually went to the US shortly after 9/11. I know it sounds awful but that was the best ever experience I had at Disney/Universal etc. It was so quiet and queues were practically non existent.

That's interesting and never realised that!

Loosely related; We actually went to the US shortly after 9/11. I know it sounds awful but that was the best ever experience I had at Disney/Universal etc. It was so quiet and queues were practically non existent.

We did the same, booked in for October half term. The parks were so quiet we managed to time the queue for the dueling dragons to get on the front row of each ride to face each other down the straight. Also riding the Hulk ride 8 times in a row.

The big shock was at SeaWorld where they have the warm up act before one of the whale shows where they sing about states of origin and you call out when your state is mentioned. Total silence, everyone there was European or Asian.

Didn't mind the race change for little mermaid, in a way it fit in better as it basically showed her dad slept around with whatever local he was visiting in that area and the mums didn't matter. It kept some of the charm but a lot of the fun with the animated films comes from animated reactions which you can't replicate when trying to be lifelike.

hopefully the film is cancelled with the lead getting fired or allegedly fired (utube vids).
Oh yeah, of course.

They've filmed it in its entirety, but they will just write off 100 million dollars because some guys on the internet don't like her.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
All they would have to do is change the titles of these then they would have free reign to do whatever they wanted.
There wouldn't be culture war idiots arguing about a thing.

I am not even going to bother watching it, the Disney live action remakes films have all been awful so far what I have seen. My wife refuses to watch little mermaid, as it’s her favourite and she doesn’t want it to be ruined.

Some of the actresses crash and burn interviews has been funny. She certainly does not come across well at all.

Also Disney needing to change the story to modernise it, they push this to hard each time and it takes away from the story.

Back
Top Bottom