• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So...3GB isn't enough for the future?

Associate
OP
With the 8GB consoles comments are you not going to include the 8GB of system ram the modern PC has as well then, so that make 11/12GB vrs the 8GB consoles.

Anyway is the twit......er in the opening post talking about one particular game or just in general?

Just this game. I just wanted to know everyone's opinion on it as to whether it will be a trend this gen or Ubi programming.

Associate
OP
Just been messing around with the settings of the game. There are some serious stutters when using ultra textures and msaa at 1080p with a gtx 780. Msaa doesn't do a great job and txaa gets rid of the aliasing at the cost of blurring.

The textures are not great anyway especially in the daytime but this game comes into it's own at night.

Vram usage maxes out straight away and drops back down to 2800mb sometimes. Not happy with the performance with ultra textures and aa.

Fps drops a low as 43 with 4x msaa but averages approx 55-60. Much better with 2x msaa though and 2x txaa, 60 fps and higher.

I have a 2600k @ 4.5ghz btw. My brother has a i5 3470 at stock and a 780 as well. He's getting minimum fps in the 30's.

There's a lot to mess with so I going to figure out the best playable settings.

Back
Top Bottom