• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So how good is CPU upgrading?

Associate
Sorry for this post, i'm pretty nooby when it comes to anything processor related and i've never experimented with many so don't have a clue what their potential is.

At the moment I have a 7900GT Gainward graphics card and a 3500+ AMD64 CPU. I've had my CPU since it was released many years ago and I think that it must be bottlenecking my system. My card is definetely up to all of today's gaming needs but i'm looking to switch to intel and upgrade my CPU.

By just how much does CPU make a difference in gaming? Will i see some significant differences when changing my old CPU for a new one.. perhaps some examples would be great. Thanx!

Associate
OP
Im looking to purchase all of those things in a month or so, just want to plan ahead. My CPU seems to be a little faulty as I cannot overclock it more than 5mhz without it starting freeze out for me! I have good idle temp of 30c and 40c in load and notice no problems at all when on default settings.

Back
Top Bottom