So I bought this cooler...

Soldato
... and perhaps coincedentally the machine stopped working.. at all. Would not even post, even with another cooler.

So.. as I needed a PC I quickly ordered on Thursday morning a Sandy Bridge setup thinking it would get here on the Friday (d'oh).

So whilst I wait for it to turn up.. I'm a little paranoid about the H80 clone that was being put in when the machine died. It's probably me doing something stupid when changing over coolers.. but that little nagging but in my head is still there.

(Needs a poll here) Should I :-

1) Stop being ghey and fit the cooler to the SB setup.. it's all under warranty anyway.
2) Continue with my DSR of the H80 clone and get the antec 920 with it's different bracketing system.

Associate
... and perhaps coincedentally the machine stopped working.. at all. Would not even post, even with another cooler.

So.. as I needed a PC I quickly ordered on Thursday morning a Sandy Bridge setup thinking it would get here on the Friday (d'oh).

So whilst I wait for it to turn up.. I'm a little paranoid about the H80 clone that was being put in when the machine died. It's probably me doing something stupid when changing over coolers.. but that little nagging but in my head is still there.

(Needs a poll here) Should I :-

1) Stop being ghey and fit the cooler to the SB setup.. it's all under warranty anyway.
2) Continue with my DSR of the H80 clone and get the antec 920 with it's different bracketing system.

What did you do when installing the first H80 that makes you think you did something wrong? Apart from it not coming on obviously :D.

Soldato
OP
I was unsure about that brackets at first.. but that's not an issue apparently.. so I'll skip over that... I was only concerned about the block making contact, but it had a good spread pattern it seems. Oh.. and yeah.. the PC not working at all lol.

Associate
I was unsure about that brackets at first.. but that's not an issue apparently.. so I'll skip over that... I was only concerned about the block making contact, but it had a good spread pattern it seems. Oh.. and yeah.. the PC not working at all lol.

I've heard that the back plates are hard to fit tight to the board and tend to be slightly loose. I would just fit it on your new Sandy Bridge build, I don't think that you did anything that would cause the components to fail. Plus it will be under warranty.

Soldato
OP
I know... that also makes me paranoid.. but without them saying anything I won't assume the worst. It could be a legal matter for all we know. (or alternatively.. be nothing at all).

Given the Q6600 had an IHS on it, I wouldn't have crushed it... the 212 I had on there before had much higher mouting pressure. Hence.. I don't really believe it was the cooler that was wrong.. more I did something wrong myself.. and just wanted you guys to give your opinion :)

Back
Top Bottom