So i Failed my Module 1... :(

Associate
Failed on the Swerve. 48Km/h on my second run!

As im 19 i had to do the test on a Geared 125cc Bike. I Know they are capable of the 50km/h (32mph) But i think we should get a little bit of leeway compared to older riders on 500cc bikes. i Completely Hammered the bike, flat out. and got 50km/h for the emergency stop and 48km/h for the Swerve.

Another guy who was at the test centre on a 500cc failed for getting 48Km/h too. I believe its much easier to hit the 50Km/h on a 500cc but on a 125cc its a lot harder.

And to top it all off. on the 16th of may. (5 days time) they are changing the test to allow 48Km/h! :(

Not Happy! But rules are rules and i failed :(

Rant over :p

Associate
Hehe, practise it a few more times and perfect it, all you can do really. :) Considering that's all you're getting wrong, I have no doubt that you'll ace it next time. :)

Associate
Get your knee down round the corner, full throttle as the bend opens up, keen the throttle pinned, swerve the cones. Easy. ;)

Joking aside, I've seen videos of the swerve test and it doesn't seem very fair to expect a newbie on a 125 to get that sort of speed.

Get another one booked and you'll ace it. Good luck! :)

Associate
OP
Get your knee down round the corner, full throttle as the bend opens up, keen the throttle pinned, swerve the cones. Easy. ;)

Apart from the knee down thats basically what i did. Bike was slow :(

For 2 and half hours training on a geared bike (never ridden a geared bike before) i managed to do everything else correctly Just the speed. got 50km/h on the Emergency stop but thats pushing it on the 125! :(

Associate
What gear were you in? I hammered it in 2nd on a cg125 and i got just over 50 i think!

Better luck next time, book asap since summers coming up!

Associate
OP
What gear were you in? I hammered it in 2nd on a cg125 and i got just over 50 i think!

Better luck next time, book asap since summers coming up!

3rd. Got told by the instructor to use 3rd. hammered the **** out of it :( 50km/h for Emergency stop, 48km/h for Swerve :(

Associate
Did mine on a CBF125. Hit around 57 and 55 in 2nd gear if I recall.

My first attempt wasn't quick enough so I really made sure I grabbed a good handful of throttle after that.

I got a minor for observation when walking the bike into the parking space, even though I observed all around me and noted the fact she wasn't looking at me at the time! I didn't think it would be a good idea to argue though :rolleyes:

Associate
3rd. Got told by the instructor to use 3rd. hammered the **** out of it :( 50km/h for Emergency stop, 48km/h for Swerve :(

Wow, second gear is better for sure (although i guess this depends on the gearing on the bike?), but 2nd for me was perfect!

Associate
OP
Did mine on a CBF125. Hit around 57 and 55 in 2nd gear if I recall.

My first attempt wasn't quick enough so I really made sure I grabbed a good handful of throttle after that.

I got a minor for observation when walking the bike into the parking space, even though I observed all around me and noted the fact she wasn't looking at me at the time! I didn't think it would be a good idea to argue though :rolleyes:

i got a Minor for not looking when pulling off from somewhere but i made sure 100% i checked every single time :|

Associate
OP
Wow, second gear is better for sure (although i guess this depends on the gearing on the bike?), but 2nd for me was perfect!

Well as its an instructor bike i couldnt tell you the name, even though im good with them, but it seems to be a cheap one, with no name attached to it? had some kind of logo though :confused:

But it seems to be geared low? (Dont know if i mean high or low, Basically you couldnt go very quick in 2nd/3rd, 40mph in 5th was about half revs :| or seemed to be?!

a lot of stress on the day... Can barely remmember! :| But im booked in for another test shortly.

Associate
Ah okay, mine was the instructors too, but i wouldnt forget the bike it was the first motorbike i have ever ridden! Still havent got my own :(

good luck:)

Soldato
I got told to do mine in 2nd, was on a 500 though, but I wouldn't try 3rd on a 125 personally, just leave it in 2nd, pin it, then off power as you go through the speed trap.

Practicing I could never get 50, was always 49, or way higher than 50. Did the test at 56, and the emergency stop at 62, lol.

Associate
OP
I got told to do mine in 2nd, was on a 500 though, but I wouldn't try 3rd on a 125 personally, just leave it in 2nd, pin it, then off power as you go through the speed trap.

Practicing I could never get 50, was always 49, or way higher than 50. Did the test at 56, and the emergency stop at 62, lol.

Yeah i could understand how you got 56 / 62 on a 500cc :p

I Think there should be some Tolerance to younger drivers on 125cc's especially when speed is the issue :| :(

Soldato
A chaps got a video of his module 1 on youtube where he does it in second gear. Having not done any training, but been reading up on it, they don't seem to give you much time to get up to speed.

Back
Top Bottom