• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So if your a normal user and hate GPU mining,get over it.Try this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I think people are forgetting bitcoin has the potential to be worth 10* it's current value in a few years. If you mine a coin over a year or two (or even 0.1) of a coin and it goes to 100, 000 that's some very healthy profit. So it's not how much your earning per day but the potential it has to be very profitable. A lot of predictions stating it could be worth 3-400k. Having just. 0.3 of a coin then would be life changing for the likes of myself.

Associate
All these people who say it's wasteful... If you make a profit from mining you can use the money for ways that you see fit e.g. environment, feed the hungry, enable the poor out of poverty...

Something may seem hard until you do it.

Associate
Did you post this from an iPhone?
yea fat finger syndrome too :D but i dont buy 10 phones and use them to waste natural resources for no reason. i use it to communicate for work etc and its charged every other day.. not pulling power all day every day. in fact i can use a solar powered b attery bank to charge my phone, do you use solar to power your god knows how many gpus? :p;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
All these people who say it's wasteful... If you make a profit from mining you can use the money for ways that you see fit e.g. environment, feed the hungry, enable the poor out of poverty...

Something may seem hard until you do it.
"People poaching elephants can use the money they make poaching elephants to protect elephants."

Genius.

Caporegime
Yes most of us have a phone and a car.

Crypto is the equivalent of buying 100 phones and 20 cars and setting fire to them, then dumping the remains in the sea. Because somebody paid you to do it.

Phones are produced to serve a purpose (communication). Cars are produced to serve a purpose (transport). Crypto is just a get-rich-quick ponzi scheme.

Then I am guessing you are lumping people who go for a ride in their car/on their motorbike "for fun" to also be bad wasters.

I mean, if you spent all day taxing your gpu playing games purely for your entertainment, that is fine, but if you use the same power for mining, that is bad?

Caporegime
Then I am guessing you are lumping people who go for a ride in their car/on their motorbike "for fun" to also be bad wasters.

I mean, if you spent all day taxing your gpu playing games purely for your entertainment, that is fine, but if you use the same power for mining, that is bad?
How many gamers buy 20 GPUs and bulid 20 gaming PCs (which they keep powered on 24/7) to play games?

Generally a gamer has maybe a couple devices and only use one at a time. Also they don't tend to leave the game running whilst they're out of the house or asleep.

Also what is the logic here?

"If I can find something else that I consider a bit wasteful then that justifies any and all wastefulness in crypto. Until there is no wastefulness at all then crypto wastefulness is absolutely a-OK."

That's why I believe we're screwed as a species, btw. People are inherently 100% selfish, and will use *any* justification to **** each other over, along with the planet and everything else, for $$$.

Associate
I believe the logic is that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Something that seems to have been completely forgotten in 2020/2021.

Caporegime
How many gamers buy 20 GPUs and bulid 20 gaming PCs (which they keep powered on 24/7) to play games?

Generally a gamer has maybe a couple devices and only use one at a time. Also they don't tend to leave the game running whilst they're out of the house or asleep.

Also what is the logic here?

"If I can find something else that I consider a bit wasteful then that justifies any and all wastefulness in crypto. Until there is no wastefulness at all then crypto wastefulness is absolutely a-OK."

That's why I believe we're screwed as a species, btw. People are inherently 100% selfish, and will use *any* justification to **** each other over, along with the planet and everything else, for $$$.

Well maybe if everyone had a carbon-footprint-quota things would be different.

People who own V8 gas guzzlers, or leave all the lights on in there homes all the time, or never turn their TVs off, will hit their quotas accordingly.

As I don't have or do the above, I could use my allocation towards gaming, or mining, or heating my house, etc.

Mining farms, as well as individuals who set up home-based farms are edge cases, and annoying because things are more expensive for us, and are wasting more in terms of their relative carbon-footprint-quota.

Someone using their already existing rig to farm when they don't need their GPU for other things? They pay their leccy bills and can use said leccy however they please, that is the way of the world.

Policing it to the point that no one eats meat, travels on long haul flights, or buys cheap clothes from abroad, etc, is the only way you could stop this sort of thing.

Associate
"People poaching elephants can use the money they make poaching elephants to protect elephants."

Genius.
Entropy is a thing yes. Being stuck in a hopelessness mindset sucks. It's a shame that no-one can help you see a different perspective if you don't want to get well.

Permabanned
Ok, well with just a 3070 undervolted it currently says I’ll get £3.04 profit per day.

Not sure if it’s worth it but I’ll let it run for a bit.

Its profitable, however the issue is when you actually want to use your system/play games. Mining really works best if you just leave it and forget about it. Is why people have separate mining rigs they just leave running 24/7

If you left that going 24/7 for a month its £90 profit. However if you used your system periodically its a lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom