So, the Championship season has started **Spoilers**

Soldato
As a Forest fan I'm extremely excited about the season ahead, we appear to have bought well, bought some exciting young talent and off loaded a few average players on big wages.

Still concerned about our ownership situation, I hope our off field problems don't scupper things, and I hope Pearce doesn't sully his reputation at the club where he is still a folk hero.

As usual i haven't got a clue who's going to do what this year, it's always tough to call, but quietly optimistic about our chances of promotion if we don't suffer the same bad luck with injuries as last year.

Soldato
OP
Norwich?

You've got those young twins coming through haven't you? Took our academy apart in the youth cup if I remember rightly?

Soldato
OP
If I were a Forest fan I'd be more worried about abiding by the FFP rules than anything else. You could do a QPR - get promoted and get away with it - but I'd be seriously impressed if Forest managed to lower their losses to the appropriate level.

I'm sure this doesn't really feature on many Fulham fans' radar - maybe some of the older lot - but I can't wait to play you guys! It's a shame the first game has been moved to a Friday night for TV, but I'm really excited! :)

Yep, that's my concern, our owner appears to be a loveable idiot with a bit of cash but not enough. I thought the deal for Lascelles and Darlow, despicably done and on the cheap, was not too bad given we got them back free for the season and the fee helped us towards FFP. Then we ***** the lot and more on a striker and winger......

Either a bold gamble or lunacy of the highest order.

Nice to get a win first up, even if it was only Blackpool.

This looks like one of the most open seasons of all time at this level, i don't think the teams who came down are as strong as before and the teams coming up are probably better equipped than most coming out of league 1.

Plus, Fulham spent 11m on McCormack which sort of negates the parachute payment advantage for one of the clubs at least. ;)

Soldato
OP
3 games in and no team has got a 100% record, must be some sort of record!

Happy enough with Forest's start, Pearce did well against Bournemouth to change things around at half time after being battered for 45 minutes and Assombolonga looks the real deal so far apparently and from the little I've seen in highlights.

I can't wait til Saturday, living in Newcastle I don't get to the City Ground much these days but I'll be there this weekend.

Soldato
OP
Another win playing averagely for Forest, i thought Wednesday did enough to perhaps draw, and should have been 1 up in the first minute or so.

Still, grinding out results while we get players back to fitness and with Watford the closest challengers going all weird perhaps we can open a gap before the inevitable wobble.

Soldato
OP
As a Forest fan I'm extremely excited about the season ahead, we appear to have bought well, bought some exciting young talent and off loaded a few average players on big wages.

Still concerned about our ownership situation, I hope our off field problems don't scupper things, and I hope Pearce doesn't sully his reputation at the club where he is still a folk hero.

As usual i haven't got a clue who's going to do what this year, it's always tough to call, but quietly optimistic about our chances of promotion if we don't suffer the same bad luck with injuries as last year.

I can't believe it's 3.5 years since I started this thread and all my fears came true and then some.

Even with a change of ownership we're still a shambles and are now being linked with yet another ex playing hero in Nigel Clough so he can ruin his reputation by managing us.

Soldato
OP
It's incredible that clubs like Villa still go all in on winning promotion even after other clubs have got themselves into deep financial trouble. Massive wage bills are no guarantee of promotion.

And now Forest are at it. £13.5m on a young, unproven Portuguese lad....

This time next year we'll be in Fulham's position or as deep in the **** as Villa are....

Soldato
OP
As a Forest fan, delighted with the display, just need that final ball or get through them a bit quicker.

At the end of the day a screamer equalised and changed the momentum for 5 minutes but otherwise we dominated.

Soldato
OP
5 years since I started this thread and last night was the first time Forest have been top of the table since that season under Pearce..

It'll be interesting to see who breaks away from this massive group at the top of the table.

Soldato
OP
How have Forrest bottled that!? :D

Dissapointed to see Brentford miss out on 2nd.

It's taken me until now to be able to respond...

It was atrocious that we didn't make the playoffs from where we were 88 minutes into the Derby game.

But in a way i glad we didn't have the false hope of the playoffs, we weren't playing well enough to win over 2 legs and then a 1 off.

Soldato
OP
I hope they will stay, get a few class players in and strengthen the squad for next season and see what happens, I think it all depends on whether we sack the manager, I personally dont want to see him go but if he does then our decent players may go as well. One season is not enough for a manager to build a team, Leeds have proven that this season. But you know what Forest are like, i think we have had 12 managers in the last 10 seasons, how are you supposed to build a team like that, its all about money at the end of the day and owners want success as quick as possible but its not that easy, especially in this league ;)

I would hate to see Lamouchi go.

To be fair he's spent well and taken an average side to an above average final position.

Like Brendan Rodgers, I think he's harshly looked at by the hot and cold halves of the season rather than the overall achievement.

Back
Top Bottom