So the conroe is coming soon..

I think I can speak for most and say that no-one can definitively answer your questions at the moment. Give it a couple more weeks and we should have more info on motherboard's, prices etc. At the moment I know Abit, Asus and DFI have some nice boards pretty much ready for Conroe. Albatron currently have a board out which is rumoured to support Conroe fully, but no hard evidence.

I'm hoping we might see a bit of a comeback from Abit, now that they have their financial troubles sorted.

Asus tend to be the first with a new board out, but i can say from experience that they are usually the last with a working BIOS.

Dfi seem to take forever, so don't expect anything from them untill a while after conroe is released.

I'm hoping Asrock do some good conroe boards, as i love their boards and i love their prices.

... ok. i really do want the conroe when it comes out.

so asrock for me i guess. well we shall see when it comes out.

and PLEASE warn me if there is a place thats let us pre order.

Avoid pre-ordering. They will often rip you off.
Its also best not to buy as soon as it comes out, give it a month to get tweaked and for the bugs to be fixed and for shoddy people like Asus to release working bios's.
Whats the hurry?

There will be some Conroe Ready Intel 965 based boards coming in the next month and a half I guess. The current board that supports conroe is the Intel D975XBX Bad Axe, but its a particular revision of it. Seen for around £170.

Mul

o dear.. ok thanks for that.

i really do want a PC upgrade, and i was thinking about the X2 until someone mentioned the conroe. hopefully its going to be worth the wait.

shimy182 said:
i really do want a PC upgrade, and i was thinking about the X2 until someone mentioned the conroe. hopefully its going to be worth the wait.

From what I've seen it looks promising but remember that generally the early adopters are the ones who have the problems which will only be later smoothed out properly. Still on the bright side at least the waiting gives you a chance to save up more money for a better PC :)

Back
Top Bottom