So tonight i was greeted by...

Soldato
...A guy off the estate i live on, an old lady and the police.

Rather tired as i've just finished a set of nights, but i've been out for a drink tonight (coke ill add... and J20 ;)) and came home, reversed the car onto the drive, locked her up and came inside the house.

About 15mins later i get a knock at the door, god knows who it is at this hour, but i look out the peep hole and see nobody, hmmm...

Next thing is the house phone rings... "Rich?" "No, its Phil." ...."you'd better come outside mate"

Me thinking "crap, whats happened" i go outside, and my cars sat in the middle of the road. I hadn't put the handbrake on properly! There was an old lady stood there (who rang the police) two police men and the guy who phoned the house.

I thought i'd be really embarrased but i just had to giggle, the police were quite understanding (still did a vehicle check though) and i reversed the car, thanked the guy and made sure the handbrake was firmly on and the car in gear.

Probably feel quite sheepish when i see the guy next, but i couldn't help laughing :D

Phil

Soldato
OP
Conscript said:
lol, i'd have felt a right pillock :D

Still, no harm done eh :)

No but it could have been worse. The car was around 3" from the kerb, and with the car being quite low it could have done quite a bit of damage to the front bumper, so i was really lucky really :)

Its 2nd nature to put the handbrake on so i have no idea why i didnt :confused:

Back
Top Bottom