Social Justice Warriors

Soldato
That's offensive to idiots tbh.

#idiotslivesmatter
Well now that I know that this ridiculous anti-progressive movement(because these extremist 'SJW's' as they are called, are really just a tiny minority and exceptions rather than any rule) is being supported by mods here, I'm out.

I'll be sure to recommend others avoid this place if they care at all about where their money goes.

I'm super shocked that this actually in anyway a thing here in the UK. I obviously had this false notion that people in the UK were more progressive and understanding than people in the US, at least that's what the stereotypes told me, but clearly after Brexit and stuff I've been hearing in this thread and others like it, there's a pretty big population of that same crap here, too.

This place wont be getting any purchases from me in the future.

EDIT: And just to be clear: I dont like 'outrage culture' at all. But I do dislike those who make fun of the intentions of those trying to enact positive change for people who dont have the representation and reputation they need, and I feel like too many overplay the 'SJW' card in order to talk down to these people who really do need the representation. We've gotten as far as we have today not by dismissing the concerns and needs of minorities and the repressed, but by listening to them.

Last edited:
Caporegime
any predictions on the first Halloween outrage stories

some 'celeb' wearing a native American head dress zomg!!! cultural appropriation

maybe some fraternity somewhere in the US will be 'culturally insensitive' in some way and end up suspended

Soldato
Wow, ...ugh what?
Your previous post shows a perfect example of what I'm describing.

You act like some persecuted white man, like you are somehow the target of all this and are being hard done by. Feeling persecuted is normal for just about any human being or group of human beings, but your particular attitudes towards this are especially small-minded and frustrating to see.

This whole thread is really just painful to read through. I'm shocked that there aren't more people involving themselves to raise concerns about the level of crap that's getting posted here regularly. As I said, I've obviously completely misjudged people here in the UK as being more progressive-minded, when there's still obviously a very big population that aren't any different than what you'd find in Alabama.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Your previous post shows a perfect example of what I'm describing.

You act like some persecuted white man, like you are somehow the target of all this and are being hard done by. Feeling persecuted is normal for just about any human being or group of human beings, but your particular attitudes towards this are especially small-minded and frustrating to see.

This whole thread is really just painful to read through. I'm shocked that there aren't more people involving themselves to raise concerns about the level of crap that's getting posted here regularly. As I said, I've obviously completely misjudged people here in the UK as being more progressive-minded, when they're clearly not any different from the average Alabama resident.

Its what they want, so naturally i will fulfil their desire as a good human being.

Soldato
Its what they want, so naturally i will fulfil their desire as a good human being.
I feel your desire to be a good human being stops and starts at what personally affects you or those you feel a part of(which in this case is white people) when it comes to this discussion. That's the usual MO of the anti-progressive.

Take the most extreme examples of the progressive movement, give them a name and then act like they are representative of everyone and that white people are somehow in 'danger' of being persecuted by these scary progressive movements, ignoring that they are mostly just really trying to do some good in this world.

I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if the most extreme people on your side of the fence were treated as 'the norm' and you got grouped in with them, completely diluting anything you were trying to say, right?

Soldato
Legitimate point. :)

At the same time the only real way we can progress towards this sort of thing stopping is to delegitimise it and make it socially unacceptable, which is probably more successful that making it illegal.

The social unacceptability factor has worked well for a number of things (such as drink driving) and in a way that is what a lot of SJWs are trying to do, just in an extreme (and not necessarily correct manner). On the other end of the spectrum there are people that don't want lead comments and groping to be socially unacceptable, and these try and lump anyone that speaks out about it an SJW to try and delegitimise a subject.

You also have to remember that most women have a legitimate reason to be more sensitive on this sort of subject. Most men are big and strong enough to easily repel the unwanted advances of a woman. You can quite easily stop a woman kissing you, or make sure the bum pinch of that middle aged woman is as far as they go, but a lot of women don't have that luxury if a man did that, especially if no one else was around.

That said, everyone knows at least one woman that goes too far. I used to work with a girl that would weekly come in and complain how every day she was wolf whistled and had lewd comments made to her on the way to work. She still posts stuff on Facebook about it. Perhaps it's legitimate. On the other hand if it wa happening that much then most other women I know would be having the same issues, and I'm sure I would see it happening significantly more than I do. Is she overly sensitive? Or are we (most women and men) just conditioned to it, and don't even notice?

if you make it illegal where do you draw the line?

would the hugh mungus incident be foul play?

Soldato
Well now that I know that this ridiculous anti-progressive movement(because these extremist 'SJW's' as they are called, are really just a tiny minority and exceptions rather than any rule) is being supported by mods here, I'm out.

I'll be sure to recommend others avoid this place if they care at all about where their money goes.

I'm super shocked that this actually in anyway a thing here in the UK. I obviously had this false notion that people in the UK were more progressive and understanding than people in the US, at least that's what the stereotypes told me, but clearly after Brexit and stuff I've been hearing in this thread and others like it, there's a pretty big population of that same crap here, too.

This place wont be getting any purchases from me in the future.

EDIT: And just to be clear: I dont like 'outrage culture' at all. But I do dislike those who make fun of the intentions of those trying to enact positive change for people who dont have the representation and reputation they need, and I feel like too many overplay the 'SJW' card in order to talk down to these people who really do need the representation. We've gotten as far as we have today not by dismissing the concerns and needs of minorities and the repressed, but by listening to them.

Well wow, it was tongue in cheek I don't know how it could have been perceived any other way.

Well I suppose you learn something every day :rolleyes: Satire is dead. Long live the king.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well wow, it was tongue in cheek i don't know how it could have been perceived any other way.

Well I suppose you learn something every day :rolleyes: Satire is dead. Long live the king.
You were joining in the 'yea, those people are idiots' line of talk. I'm not stupid, I can read back through the context of the comments.

Play it off like you need to, though.

Soldato
I can't express quite how thick this guy is. It's honestly astonishing, he has these ideals in his head and justifies by any means possible regardless of the consequences of those means. Yes, we all want world peace and it hurts us all to see people starving and suffering but sadly the world we live in works like this:

"Wield bigger stick, have more power".

He doesn't seem to be able to grasp that and thinks we live in a world of unicorns and rainbows, that if we all just down our weapons the whole world will just have one collective group hug and we can all be BFFs forever, regardless of backgrounds, religious beliefs, cultural differences, etc.

Truly astonishing.

EDIT: This guy is 31 years old too, so not exactly your textbook naive teenager. Also, I reckon if Corbyn asked him to kneel down and open wide, he actually would.

I can only assume you took my criticism of your post on board, seeing as you had no reply.

As for the whole SJW label, just a label for people to use to lump anyone who disagrees with them into some idiot category, regardless of the validity of their point.

Soldato
You were joining in the 'yea, those people are idiots' line of talk. I'm not stupid, I can read back through the context of the comments.

Play it off like you need to, though.

I don't need to play anything off. I know my opinions and I don't have to sit here pretending otherwise on a forum. You've interpreted it how it was not intended and that is your prerogative but saying you don't like outrage culture and then choosing to read between the lines and be outraged is tragically ironic.

Make of it what you will.

Soldato
Some people say stupid things on any side of a debate. Like the Muppet argument that man with bigger stick wins, in the age of mutually assured destruction. Idiiot, I just didn't make up an Internet friendly t.l.a for him yet.

Soldato
but saying you don't like outrage culture and then choosing to read between the lines and be outraged is tragically ironic.
It's not ironic when it was quite clear that you were perpetuating the whole, "Yea those people(SJW's) are idiots" line of thought.

Your whole point was even more demeaning than that - you were trying to say that it's unfair that idiots should be lumped in with 'SJW's'. Please dont treat me like an idiot here. There is hardly any other way to interpret your post and I'm pretty sure you'd have explained it if there was. If you were actually trying to make fun of the anti-progressives with your comment, which I suppose is not impossible, definitely say so, cuz it certainly didn't sound like it.

Quite frankly, the only thing ironic is how 'outrage'-prone the anti-progressives are when it comes to the topic of 'SJW's'. They love to create their own 'boogeymen' to rail against all day, every day.

Man of Honour
[..]
EDIT: And just to be clear: I dont like 'outrage culture' at all. But I do dislike those who make fun of the intentions of those trying to enact positive change [..]

That's the core of the issue. Some people think that increasing the amount of irrational prejudice and discrimination in the world is not a positive change.

Obviously believers in biological group identity and advocacy ideologies think that it is, but they are hypocritical bigots devoted to corrupting and destroying the whole idea of equality because they hate it so much. Making fun of them is one way to reduce their power and thus reduce the harm that they do.

Caporegime
if you make it illegal where do you draw the line?

would the hugh mungus incident be foul play?

Exactly, which is why I said make it socially unacceptable instead.

I don't know what the Hugh mungus incident is, and not particularly bothered about every incident people can bring up.

Back
Top Bottom