• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sod it I'm buying a 4080

Associate
Title says it all really, I was open to buying an AMD card but they havent blown the doors off, 4090s are just not viable cost wise when I have a house to run and bills to pay, all the used 3090s have probably done more mining than a Chilian rescue team, so your only left with two options really...a 3080 or 4080, and if you budgeted about 1000 then you can stretch that little further to the 4080 I guess...that's what I'm doing anyway.
Only question is do you wait or get it ordered for the holiday....

Associate
OP
Now, no need for that kind of comments folks, I think its perfectly reasonable to have a budget for this kind of thing...yes I have bills to pay, who doesn't? unless you still live with mum and dad?

I think around 1000 is a high max figure to spend on something like a GPU but I use it pretty much everyday and my kids play as well and the 2070s is showing its age so...time for a new one.

I have other hobbies that require cash and the kids hobbies need cash and their 100 quid trainers every other day it seems so having a budget for stuff is just something grown ups do, but its nice to come on hear and get folks thoughts on how best to splash about grand on a GPU.

That said Im kind of feeling myself getting pulled to a 4090 as I can put i through my company (Sole trader - nothing spectacular) as a company expense.

Associate
OP
3090s are 850 new now...thats tempting, but then you get into the whole well if I add "just" 300 more thats 4080 money...lol
My son is slaughtering me on Company of heroes 2 every night and my g-sync only monitor is 3440*1440 so the 3090 would be just fine....but £850 for just fine? I want to play cyberpunk @100fps etc so ill probably go 4090fe when they show up again, or a 4090 at the same price, or 4080 if they go below a grand...in other words still no idea what Ill do...lol

Associate
OP
Went the 4090 route in the end

Gainward GeForce RTX 4090 Phantom 24GB GDDR6X PCI-Express Graphics Card​

Should be in in the UK on the 22nd seemingly so I might get it for xmas, pretty much the same price as the FE4090 is at the minute.

Back
Top Bottom