Software: Controlling PC in a Training Room?

Associate
Hi All,

The last time I looked into this area, it was all hardware based. But things must have moved on :)

I have an IT training suite with 20 workstations. I want a software solution, so that I can take control of the PC's and show whats on my screen.

It would also be good to take control on the users, PC when they don't understand something and take them through it.

What the current software solution for this.????? Easy of setup and use is always a good selling point.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Associate
OP
It's unfortunate the teamviewer website makes it look like some awful commercial software, when infact it's actually rather good.

I have worked out how to install the software on a host machine and set up a group. But unclear on how to connect to the other 18 PC's?

It looks like you have to add each machines ID each time. This might be a problem as 5-10 year old will be using them :(

Is there an easy way?

or is VNC easier?

Associate
OP
In teamviewer you can add (like I have in the partner list there) all the different IDs and then use quick connect. The IDs are unique to each PC and don't change.

So if I run the scaled down client software on each PC, the ID will never change and I can just create a group and add each ID then?

an you quick connect a group or do I have to do each ID separately?

Thanks again

Associate
OP
Lanschool

we have starting using this in the school i work at and its fantastic

http://www.lanschool.com/

simple to install
can monitor all the pcs in a room
control them
limit apps
limit net access
disable usb ports

and much more

There is a free version but i am not sure what has been disabled in it.

What sort of price is the school paying for that??/

I just been referred to

http://www.netop.com/products/education/school.htm

I'll try both when back on-site next week.

Thanks all

Associate
OP
Can I get each client to connect automatically or get the main machine to connect to all the clients automatically
In one go?

If these clients are set up via the local admin account, will they work for each user account that signs into the clients PC?

Thanks for all the tips and guidance.

Svan

Back
Top Bottom