Solar panel production figures

How many panels do you have? Is that all one array and inverter?

Two arrays, two inverters, one installed in 2015, the other earlier this year - its all in my signature. The graph shows the three strings.

blimey you've got a big pv array.

Not really, just 8.74kW, its just the Kent sun ;) But I do have a rather big 29 kWh battery :D

Last edited:
Two arrays, two inverters, one installed in 2015, the other earlier this year - its all in my signature. The graph shows the three strings.

Not really, just 8.74kW, its just the Kent sun ;) But I do have a rather big 29 kWh battery :D
Nice!
How come your east panels aren't generating any more than your west and solaredge early in the morning?
I keep thinking we should have added extra panels on our east and west roof ends. Currently all our panels are south. They generate well but our production is very peaky.

Nice!
How come your east panels aren't generating any more than your west and solaredge early in the morning?
I keep thinking we should have added extra panels on our east and west roof ends. Currently all our panels are south. They generate well but our production is very peaky.
The SolarEdge array is 4kW, half faces almost south, the other half is 90 degrees around towards the east.

The garage array of 4.74kW has half facing east, the other half west at a low angle, so before the sun comes up the ambient light it pretty even, it's the same effect you get with the right sort of clouds

Definitely should have made use of those east/west roofs, especially if you can get a reasonable amount of panels on there.

@Ron-ski when I have more time I'll look into expanding our solar array. I've been thinking about a garage or shed roof DIY installation. I'd also like to look again at installing some batteries (at the moment our excess generation goes into the hot water tank). Our heating and hot water is from an ASHP so we have very large electric usage during the winter months. I need to do some cost and saving calculations to see if it will be worth all the effort to install more PVs and some batteries.

Just checking now and its saying the solar is offline, I know the sun aint out but there have been cloudier days than this and ive still been getting something.

Even on the 5th of this month which was bad there was still something
image.png

First time ive seen it offline during the day

Last edited:
It came back shortly after, maybe hit a real dark spot in cloud and just refreshed page at that exact moment. Currently up to 15 and 2.5 exported, low export due to still changing to octopus and then have to wait to sort out export and not being able to communicate with the AIO inverter properly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom