Solar panel production figures

Associate
Basically down to loads of panels, most I generated in a day is 57, but my panels are not at optimal angle/direction.

Panels have got better, but have also got physically bigger, not sure that actual output per square meter has increased much, it would be interesting to know.

My solar guy said this when doing my new install. Said buy these panels now as they are "small" and wont be available any more. Due to roof constraints having the small pannels would give me more KW up there vs. trying to fit some 450w panels.

Associate
16.9 generated on our solar farm today.

Out of interest, for those generating 40kw or more, have you got loads of panels or have panels got so much better than ours (installed 2018). Come middle of June and a sunny day you'll be generating 80 - 100 kwh!
Loads of panels. Self installed a small system on my shed a couple of years ago (6 panels) and was so pleased with the results.
Had a large system installed on the house roof (28 panels) in March along with battery system - very pleased so far.

Last edited:
Associate
Kind of related to the topic. Managed to get Home Assistant setup and the inverter data integrated. Got this uploading to PVOutput.

It’s saying I need “5 outputs” before joining a team. Is that 5 days worth? Hoping to join the team on here :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Kind of related to the topic. Managed to get Home Assistant setup and the inverter data integrated. Got this uploading to PVOutput.

It’s saying I need “5 outputs” before joining a team. Is that 5 days worth? Hoping to join the team on here :)
Yeh, if you can manually add the last few days and then you can join the team….

Associate
Not the brightest of days but made 20.10Kwh exported 3.70Kwh of it.
And Used and took the battery's to 100% with the rest of it

System is East West
down in not so sunny Devon.
East 8 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
West 10 x 420w panels 45 deg pitch
Givenergy Gen3 5kwh hybrid
2 x 9.5 battery's

Associate
What size array is that
As of this evening 15.75kW was 13.8kW but not all optimal directions/positions/angles.
39 panels - I can fit a further 13 in total to 3 strings to maximise the voltage capacity with an overhead for cold weather spikes - that would give just over 21kW but, its just finding the right locations!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom