OP
I have the following installed.

SolaX X1 Hybrid G4 5kWh Inverter
SolaX Triple Power T-BAT H 5.8 Master V2.2 Firmware 1.03
SolaX Triple Power T-BAT H 5.8 Slave V2.2 Firmware 2.07
Wifi V3 Dongle SerialNumber SVxxxxxxx

Associate
OP
Concerning SolaX's updated web portal and app.

The display problem that iPhone and iPad users are experiencing is being fixed but won't be available until after 25th Jan.

Associate
What I hate with an absolute passion with this Solax equipment is having to log onto the portal constantly, you just logged in and open another instance in a new tab, BAM login again. Like WTF?

Soldato
Has anyone been able to access the battery SOC level over time graph in the updated app? I can't seem to find it.

19391365-b3af-407f-b44c-63ee103d8b56.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
As an aside we're using
SolaX X1 G4 3.7D hybrid inverter
4 x SolaX TP 3.0kWh battery (Master V3.11, Slaves 3.10)

Associate
OP
Odd things have been happening recently.

I can see my battery history SoC on the new style webpage. I no longer have access to the new style app on my iPad, it now defaults to the old style app.

Web.
Main Screen - Site Icon - Select your Site/address - Under Operation, click on the first icon "See Details" - The graph is near the bottom.

r3VPUyK.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Old style app is far better than the new one (Android if that matters...)

I'm currently using the cloud API (as opposed to the local modbus) from here for HA:

Need to look into this a bit more, as the yield is using the Solax figure of total inverter output, as opposed to the total yield from the panels.
This *should* be fixable, as the correct figure is available through the API, but I haven't got round to trying to sort out.

Couple of useful passcodes which may help someone in the future:

Installer PassCode for inverter settings:
Code:

Allows access to a few more settings than the user code.

Default User PassCode:
Code:

Associate
OP
@leezer3 Nice one.

I'll put those passcodes in the first post.

Will give that HA dashboard a try. Is your wifi dongle a newer version which can report live data? I've not found anyone yet, although some people are saying they have a v4 wifi dongle, not sure that's right though.

Soldato
It's a V3.0 dongle.

The system was installed on the 20th of December, the inverter / battery manufacturing dates are in October, so I'd assume the dongle to be of similar age FWIW.

The API data isn't live, according to the HA post it's ~5 mins delayed.

Seems to work well enough for my purposes.

Associate
OP
SolaX Cloud processing Live Data depends on the Serial Number of your wifi dongle.

WiFi 3 Serial Numbers starting with SS
Wifi+Lan Serial Numbers starting with SN
Pocket Wifi +4G Serial Numbers starting with SM.

On the new style app, when you are in the inverter overview screen, you select "second-level Data"

9WvaM2h.png

On the original style app.

On the System&Site Page, the second to last icon on the right after your site name is for "Statistical Range". You check a box for "Live Data"

My Wifi Dongle whilst only bought in October has the serial SV so doesn't work through SolaX Cloud, but it will accept 10s requests from HA.

Associate
Hi Solax newbie here, just had 8kWp PV panels installed at home with Solax X1 Hybrid G4 and 11.6 kWh battery.

I'm trying to get performance data in a format I can import into Excel, to do some analysis on battery performance before I select a suitable size system for my business.

I am able to download a lot of historical data from the Web interface using the Statistic Report page but this does not seem to have the detailed battery data. I am able to grab the Real Time battery data direct from the inverter on my home LAN but would like to get the backdated battery data as well. I can see it on the Web interface Battery Analysis page but can't see any way to download this as a CSV file.

Has anybody had any luck with this? Is there a similar API to "SolaxCloud_User_Monitoring_API_V6.1.pdf" for grabbing the historical data?

Associate
OP
What data is it you're seeking in addition to historical battery voltage, current, power, temp and capacity?

It might be worth posting on one of the FB Group pages.

Have you tried HomeAssistant? My Solax Inverter Modbus contains 240 entities to view or display in one way or another.

Associate
What data is it you're seeking in addition to historical battery voltage, current, power, temp and capacity?
Nothing else, just those figures. I can see them on the graphical displays but the downloadable Statistic Report doesn't seem to have the option to include them. Is there something I am missing?

Associate
OP
I understand now.

From my knowledge of the old and new web portals, the only data you can export is as you say the Yield, Feed-In Energy and Consume Energy.

You've probably found from using the new design web and app, it doesn't look finished. For example, if you log in now, you are greeted with "Good Night, User!"

I suspect a post on the FB groups will likely confirm if there is or isn't a way of obtaining this raw data.

Associate

Need to look into this a bit more, as the yield is using the Solax figure of total inverter output, as opposed to the total yield from the panels.
This *should* be fixable, as the correct figure is available through the API, but I haven't got round to trying to sort out.

I've been looking at my Solar output data in a bit more detail and I was seeing some strange readings of Daily Yield first thing in the morning. I just noticed what you said about the Solax Yield figure. Does that mean that the headline Daily Yield figure in the app and downloadable statistics is not equal to the PV array output? Seems a bit of an odd thing to present if so.

This screenshot shows some "Yield" between midnight and sunrise (at about 7:15 here at the moment). (Can't figure out how to upload a screenshot from my PC. Doh)

I consistently see 2-3 kWh Daily Yield by about 8am even on dull days. What is this actually measuring and how do I get the true output of the PV array?

I've been looking at my Solar output data in a bit more detail and I was seeing some strange readings of Daily Yield first thing in the morning. I just noticed what you said about the Solax Yield figure. Does that mean that the headline Daily Yield figure in the app and downloadable statistics is not equal to the PV array output? Seems a bit of an odd thing to present if so.

This screenshot shows some "Yield" between midnight and sunrise (at about 7:15 here at the moment). (Can't figure out how to upload a screenshot from my PC. Doh)

I consistently see 2-3 kWh Daily Yield by about 8am even on dull days. What is this actually measuring and how do I get the true output of the PV array?

Yield is :
Output from PV and battery to house and export.
Its not net, so if you import to battery thats excluded.

By far the easiest way to see output is to run the statistics report (the one from overview-inverter not from overview-site)
Then sum the two PV input columns (assuming you have both in use) and divide by 12.
Its not perfect, its a snap shot, so on very very variable days it could easily over or undershoot, but on days with constant type PV levels it will be very accurate.

Its really dumb from a UK perspective if you charge your batts from the grid. Its not so dumb if you never do that.
I tried to engage with their tech guys in China about it as I was dealing with them in regards a battery issue but the couldn't understand why I would only want to see solar and not yield which "was showing me everything I was saving"

Associate
That's great thanks. In fact I already wrote a shell script to grab the battery data direct from the inverter every 5 minutes, so I can add the PV output figures to that, as I think they are available in the same json query. Save me downloading from the cloud.

Soldato
With solax battery/inverter in the app/software can you tell it only to charge the battery form the grid within certain time frames?

So for example can you tell it only charge my battery from the grid between 1 - 5am

With solax battery/inverter in the app/software can you tell it only to charge the battery form the grid within certain time frames?

So for example can you tell it only charge my battery from the grid between 1 - 5am

Yes.
Go into settings, you enable charge from grid, and you set the times you want to allow that.
Eg mine is set to yes and with charge period of 0:30-4:29 to align with go
I then have discharge set from 4:30 -0:29

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom