Solskjær... on borrowed time + board/ownership issues

Man of Honour
4 league wins and it's December.

We've been here before, but I think it's time for a change.

He's shown absolutely nothing that suggests he can rebuild the squad. Playing young players (and losing) isn't difficult.

He's starting to show a bit of an arrogance now and seems to think he's got free rein to do as he pleases with results not really affecting his job safety.

He had a fantastic start, but being honest, new managers often do.

Before people say it - I know Woodward is far more culpable than Ole. He's useless as well, but he won't be going anywhere, unfortunately. This however doesn't change the fact we've taken a complete gamble on a manager with virtually no top level experience, just because he was a popular player here.

He's spent what, £130m~ on the defence and it's no better than it was before. Yes he's had injuries, but we're barely any better with the likes of Pogba in the team anyway.

As for alternatives, Pochettino has a track record of making clubs he joins better, in terms of recruitment, style of play, and just in general. Ole doesn't have a record of this at a high level. There's a far better chance if given the opportunity to sign players for £30-90m a pop, Poch will produce a far superior team.

Time to go now. The next 2 games could seal his fate.

Man of Honour
OP
Is your squad any better then the teams around you? Arguably not. Maguire and AWB were poor signings and not the standard required imo for a United side but who signed them...Woodward or Ole?

Im not sure much changes if you sack Ole tbh.

That's another debate really, but I agree the squad isn't the best.

However, this is all about looking at what he's doing and trying to see if the ability is there to drag the club out of the slump it's in. I don't think he can do it.

Man of Honour
OP
The results against City and Spurs actually gave me a bit of hope, but we’re back to square one again, as I knew we would be.

Tactics aside, he clearly can’t motivate the players very well. They seem motivated by external factors, like the Man City rivalry, or playing against Jose, the ex manager.

Tactically and motivationally, he is well short. And I just find him annoying with his pointless positivity.

He was a good player for us and seems a nice enough guy - but neither of those things should mean he has a job without scrutiny. It’s madness.

100% we should be going for Poch.

Man of Honour
OP
I don't really want to say too much at the moment, yes the past few games have been a lot better, but I can see more major issues ahead.

Man of Honour
OP
Poch is a huge upgrade on Ole. They aren't even comparable.

Re Poch/Ole. It's so disrespectful to say it would be a sideways step. Utd could appoint just about any manager in the PL and it would be an upgrade on Ole. Poch has and will continue to be linked with just about every top side in Europe, where as Norwich could sack their manager tomorrow and they wouldn't even consider Solskjaer for the job should he be available.

I don't think he'd be in the frame for any Championship jobs, nevermind PL.

Man of Honour
OP
He actually said this today:

Alexis will come back in the summer and will prove us all wrong.

The man is delusional. He’s just a yes man for Woodward and the Glazers. Disgraceful.

I can’t see all of these club issues being fixed so I think we’re in serious trouble. I actually think our best hope is for things to get worse and hope it causes a shake up. Starting with a competent manager.

Man of Honour
OP
He has to say that really, it's just media talk. He's not going to say anything else while we're trying to get rid of him. He said in the summer that he was going to play lots of games for us this season and then 2 weeks later he was at Inter.

Given the storm around the club at the moment, there are far better ways he could have mentioned Alexis.

Man of Honour
OP
Why was Ole blaming fitness levels for a lack of energy and goals after the game? It's not like we've looked good all season aside from Rashford carrying us at times.

Wolves have had a more difficult schedule too, Nuno wasn't making excuses.

I think perspective is being lost due to the other failings within the club at board level, but Ole just isn't doing anything to move us forward. I don't know how people can't see that.

Back
Top Bottom