SOLVED! 7900XT with a 5700X

I have a 5700x + 7900 XT, but I'm going for UWQHD@100 fps and 4K60. I haven't tried 1080p or benchmarked at that res on this setup.

Sounds like you've made up your mind. I might re-benchmark at 1080p myself at some point now out of curiosity.
Is your psu fine with it? As Sapphire's website states a minimum of a 750w. What made you go for the Pulse over the standard sapphire? I was just going to get the normal/base model? I will be using a 850w NZXT psu.
Did you undervolt?
You couldn't do me a big favour and tell me how much wattage the 7900XT uses at a framecapped 1080p 60fps via radeon chill/in game with any one of these TLOU/Cyberpunk/Dead Space remake/RE4 Remake/The Callisto Protocol? Just want to make sure I can still get it to run nice and low wattage draw like I know I can get a 6800XT to do.

Last edited:
Is your psu fine with it? As Sapphire's website states a minimum of a 750w. What made you go for the Pulse over the standard sapphire? I was just going to get the normal/base model? I will be using a 850w NZXT psu.
Did you undervolt?
You couldn't do me a big favour and tell me how much wattage the 7900XT uses at a framecapped 1080p 60fps via radeon chill/in game with any one of these TLOU/Cyberpunk/Dead Space remake/RE4 Remake/The Callisto Protocol? Just want to make sure I can still get it to run nice and low wattage draw like I know I can get a 6800XT to do.

Yep, my old 750W is fine. Can up max the power limit and O/C the card too. No doubt helps the Ryzen 5700X has very low power draw compared with many CPUs.

I went for Sapphire Pulse over reference as it's supposed to be a lot quieter and cooler, and was only ~£50 more. I've definitely been impressed with the temps and lack of fan noise.

Looks like you got your answer elsewhere regarding frame capped power consumption ;)

Yep, my old 750W is fine. Can up max the power limit and O/C the card too. No doubt helps the Ryzen 5700X has very low power draw compared with many CPUs.

I went for Sapphire Pulse over reference as it's supposed to be a lot quieter and cooler, and was only ~£50 more. I've definitely been impressed with the temps and lack of fan noise.

Looks like you got your answer elsewhere regarding frame capped power consumption ;)
Yeah mate it's an ideal pairing for a low power consumption build.
Ah that's fair enough.

Cheers for your help bud.

Back
Top Bottom