[SOLVED] Brand new OLED TV and display issues (e.g. unable to set native refresh rate )

Associate
Hi everybody,

I just got a new LG OLED C2. I connected it to my PC via an (relatively old) HDMI cable. I was unable to set the native refresh rate (120Hz) in nvidia control panel.

While browsing the nvidia control panel settings, I came across the native refresh rate under "PC" part: https://i.imgur.com/0iXeKPD.jpg

You need to go to Display -> Change resolution, and in "2. Choose resolution" part, scroll all the way down to the "PC" as in the picture above.
(Please let me know if you cannot see the screenshot by the way.)

However, I was still unable to set 120 Hz. The TV would produce an error like "no output" or "no signal". Then I tried swapping the HDMI cable with a newer one from my other new monitor. It is probably an HDMI 2.1 cable. As soon as I plugged that HDMI 2.1 cable in, I was able to set the native refresh rate (i.e. 120 HZ).

I wanted to share this with you because it might help others. It is also possible that people will come to this thread from search engines. I hope this helps.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom