Some advice on a laptop for Uni please.

Associate
Hey guys. I'm starting back at university this September and I'm looking for a laptop,

My course is FdSc Computing, Networking and Software Development 2 years with a 1 year top up for the BSc (Hons) Computing Technologies, I have been accepted for DSA allowance, they'll pay £150 off the laptop, reimburse 2 years warranty and 2 years insurance for the laptop.

I would like to get something that'll be fine for the full 2 years. My max amount I'm probably willing to spend is 1k to 1.2k,

I've got a gaming rig (in sig) that'll I'll be getting next gen CPUs and GPUs and a new monitor end of year so it don't need to game but if it has a GPU it's not a problem just not compulsory, I am feeling 16GB RAM and 512SSD/M.2.

The minimum specs required to be reinbursed are:
i5 7th generation CPU, 8gb ram 320 hdd.

I'll be programming a lot with it, I'm not sure if I can have Ryzen I've not had an email back as I've asked about this as minium specs only mentioned 7th gen i5 any speed.

All and any advice will be greatly received guys.

Soldato
You could probably get a new HP Omen for half decent money or the New Legion for around that. Lenovo have a 10% off code if you sign up to their newsletter also.
I 've opted to go for an XMG Core 17 which is a AMD 4800H CPU with 16GB RAM and a refreshed MAX-P 2060. I didn't require any SSD'd though so cut down on costs there. My total cost was around £1050.

Back
Top Bottom