some emails from online form aren't coming through - impossible to replicate

http://www.thecleanforce.co.uk/online-quote/moving.php

the above site we have an online quote system. this has as far as we are aware, worked perfectly for the last 4/5 years.

now for some unknown reason we are finding that we are getting booking requests come through but the original quote isn't, which makes it impossible to find who the person is and we're stuck just hoping the customer then emails/calls to say they've not heard back.

this happened just yesterday/today. yesterday they did an online quote, the quote got displayed to the user and also emailed to them, the customer then instantly clicked book and the booking request got emailed to us along with the quote reference number.

we should have received a copy of the quote too which contains all her details and the quote ref number. the lady rang and was able to email over her copy.

on our new sites we save all quotes in a database too, however this is an old site i'm not too interested in bringing up to date so don't ideally want to have to go down the database route.

the one thing i do know which is odd, is that our quote numbers are based on the date and time, then 4 random digits. so for instance if i did a quote now, the number would be something like 121920_1234

12 being the month, 19 the date, 20 the hour.

the latest issue which i described above, the quote ref is 121708_1234 (i know from her email), but on the online booking the quote ref that came to us is 121720_1234.

it's odd as the number is only created once, but she's being shown one with 08 and we're being shown one with 20 as the hour.

anyone know how this could possibly happen?

Also is anyone willing to go though and quickly do a quote and then book it, and let me know it's done and the name they used (e.g. ocuk tester 111) so i can see if anyone is able to replicate the issue?

it's frustrating as if we're missing quotes and not knowing about it then we're most certainly losing work

Soldato
OP
ok just had a thought. i recently have been getting so much spam to one email that i enabled Apache SpamAssassin to auto delete spam. i've just disabled it, and automatically i get an email from this quote come through that's labelled as spam. so perhaps this is the reason, though it doesn't explain the incorrect quote ref number

Back
Top Bottom