some help setting this beast up ! please :)

Soldato
by beast i mean BIOS !..
right heres the crack.
i have one SATA HDD, 2 IDE HDDs and one DVD drive

windows in on the SATA, and the 2 IDEs contaion doccuments and music etc

i cannot fo for the life of me get all 3 HDDs working at the same time, so have ever only had one SATA and one IDE running.

today i ventured into soem vable managment, this means that i HAVE to have the DVD on a seperate IDE cable to the HDD. it just doesnt work.
ive tinkered with tons of settings in the bios but just cannot figure it out.

heres how its connected:
SATA 1 ---------> SATA HDD
PRI_IDE ------------>IDE HDD
PRI_EIDE-----------> DVD

what happens if i boot with ^^^^ that setup is windowes starts, but i have no DVD drive in my computer.
if i try other combinations i get an arror at boot 'no NTDL' ( or something?)

heres the maual for the mainboard, page 32 has the layout on it
http://dlsvr01.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5WD2-E Premium/e2385_p5wd2-e_pr.pdf
Rick

Last edited:
Your missing some drivers somwhere. The Pri_EIDE is running through a RAID controller which will require drivers of some description- Install the stuff from Asus & see what happens.

(The NTDLR error is because Windows can't find a valid driver for the EIDE channel & goes **** up)

-Leezer-

oh !
maybe that what it is then... iv avoided setting for RAID int he bios... i know what RAID is, but iv never set it up and though it would cause more problems than it solves.
so these drivers... will it be a download and install form a ye old floppy? or is it a windows based thing ?
thanks mate !
Rick
edit:
found the following:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5WD2-E Premium
im guessing its the Marvell(R) 88SE6141 SATA/ATA controller Driver V0.4.3 for Windows 2000/XP/2003
?

Last edited:
oh yea !
thanks a lot man... its all working now !
thsi prblem drove me MAD a few weeks ago when i built it so i put it on hold til tonight
everythings up, running and working fine !
thanks again mate !
Rick

Back
Top Bottom