Some help with a New Site

Associate
Hi,
I'm trying to set up a new website, the basic idea is that I want to write my notes directly to the site. I have a choice of wordpress or dokuwiki, as I lack any knowlege of mysql and I already have a host that has these available. I've started playing with wordpress but I need some help, the setup I want to achieve is:
A cross between a blog/website, easy to post and update but kept in a structured way
A menu system something like
-Subject
--Topic
---Info pages

Can anyone reccomend somewhere to start?
Is there a way on wordpress to convert a blog post to a new page?

Have you looked at Google Drive/Google Docs?

Sounds like it'll do everything you need and more; sharing, collaboration, web pages, all changes synced in real-time, etc.

If you want set up on your own domain name you can do that too using Google Apps.

Last edited:
Yeah, Google drive doesn't do exactly what I want, and I have a spare site available on my webhost already so I thought I might as well use it. After looking around I've found a wiki plugin for wordpress that pretty much does exactly as I want but costs some money and I haven't looked into dokuwiki yet.

I've ended up just overcoming my fears and installing mediawiki, hich didn't go too badly. It's going well so far but I need some help adding support for equation writing and circuit drawing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom