some MAC questions

Soldato
hey guys im possibly getting a G3 or oen of those all in one screen (old) macs this week as my college is getting rid of a load of them.
just some questiosn:

do they format like 'regular PCs'
is installing an OS on a mac easy ?
whats the best OS for a G3
What makes them so popular with designers !?!
what would be the equivilent rig in PC format, to a Mac G3 ( we talkinpentium 2.6, celeron, what ? ) - ive read that they have a 266Mhz CPU... but im sure this works in a different way to a PC... hence why im asking lol :)
any other info would be great !

thanks
ill no doubt be back with more threads getting it sorted out :)

Rick

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
didnt realise there was different G3s... thought a G3 was a G3 :)
if its not the G3 im getting it will be an imac... it will probobly end up on the bay within a week but im gonna try and gain a little experience from them since its free !

suppsoe i was just wondering what to do when i get it !.
id imaginwee it would be sooo full of 'stuff' havving being in a school all the time ! (although not on a network, just as stand-alones)
for example first thing id do if sum1 gave me a PC is format and ire-install windows, was just wondering if it was that simple

also, what abotu upgrades... or should i just not go there lol
Rick

Soldato
OP
Wow guys thanks a lot dfor the input !!!
:D
im gonna ahve another peek tomorrow, theyre just getting chucked out / givven to charity, i doubt ill use it as much as my PC, but i just wanted to get to grips with the platform and smile and nod when ever i hear one of my college mates saying ' I HATE MACS ! ' lol.

cant get any better than a G3 for free :(
may not be as lucky and get a one witht eh built in screen, the old trans green Imacs ( liek on the advert with that fellow having a party? showing the TWO leads that coem from his computer..)

thanks again guys, Very good advice as usual !
Rick

Back
Top Bottom