• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Somebody please help me a little.

Associate
Does my motherboard supports a core 2?

My motherboard is a gigabyte 8945p-g.In the manual says that it supports pentium d with a 1066fsb so it take up to a pentium d extreme edition.But why not a core 2.Becase of the new archtexture intel put in core 2?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
But....

i have tried to test my cpu's stability by using cpu-z and prime 95.No errors occured.But what are the temperatures' limits for this cpu?Do you have any idea?

Soldato
Each CPU is different, unless someone else has the same chip with the same stepping codes as yours, the best bet is trial and error.

Just keep on pushing a little bit at a time, run some stability tests such as prime 95 and once your sure its ok, keep on going.

Every CPU is different though, as long as you are careful you wont do it any damage even if you exceed its limits.

Associate
OP
Core2

Furthermore i have another question.What are the requirements to put a core 2 to your system.fsb,socket and dual core compatibility?

Associate
Neo106 said:
Furthermore i have another question.What are the requirements to put a core 2 to your system.fsb,socket and dual core compatibility?

there is no set rules with overclocking, everyone's setup is different, even with the same kit.. (ie each component has slightly different tolerances)

As for conroe setups, there's loads of threads on this forum, just check a few out.. oh and welcome :D

Associate
OP
Why not a core 2?

Does my motherboard supports a core 2?
My motherboard is a gigabyte 8945p-g.In the manual says that it supports pentium d with a 1066fsb so it take up to a pentium d extreme edition.But why not a core 2.Becase of the new archtexture intel put in core 2?I don't understand.In some magazines it is said that you have to use a 945,955 or 975 chipset-based motherboard if you want a core 2 system while in others it is said that only 955 and 975 are acceptable........ :confused:

Associate
There are an odd few ASROCK boards that have 945 and can run core2. Its all down to the upgraded power circuitry that is required. If your board doesn't have this circuitry then it can't run core2.

Associate
"My motherboard is a gigabyte 8945p-g."

I think u may hacce a typo :p

If u have a 945 and the manufacturer says it supports conroe then it must, you may have to update to the latest bios though. Id first check the mb website to confirm, but there were early 945's that were not designed for conroe (don't ask me why. I'm not a rocket scientist) , but thats how it is.

Don't know on 955 chipsets for conroe (mabye u meant 965)

Associate
OP
What do you mean by that?

What do you mean?You see the point i don't understand is this:
A core 2 is a dual core LGA775 socket-based processor featuring a 1066-Fsb.My motherboard can take that.What's the problem?Damn.....
:mad:
I guess upgrading=dream or 500$ for CPU+BOARD

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If i buy core 2 E6300 will i notice extreme difference compared with my pentium 4?At games i mean............

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I ask this because there's chaos at the marketplace.My processor costs about the same compared to E6600 but there's a huge as i see, power difference.Strange..................
:confused:

Back
Top Bottom