Someone shine some light on TV Tuner Cards for me?

Associate
I dont really have the foggest when it comes to these, Such as how does it connect go through the graphics card?

Also i would like one that lets me watch BBC channels,ITV, Channel 4 and the Freeveiw channels.

Any help would be super.

You can get two types of digital TV tuner. USB based ones and PCI slot based ones. The choice is yours as they are much of a much-ness. Something such as the Compro VideoMate DVB-T200 Digital TV Internal PCI - Retail for £41.07 would be a good choice. This would allow you to watch all the freeview channels (including 1-5) and record them to your PC or output them to a TV.

It does not connect to your graphics card. It slots into a spare PCI slot. The incoming aerial then connects to the TV card. You then get the TV picture on your desktop monitor, or if your graphics card has TV-Out then you can display it on a TV set.

Chris19 said:
I dont really have the foggest when it comes to these, Such as how does it connect go through the graphics card?

Also i would like one that lets me watch BBC channels,ITV, Channel 4 and the Freeveiw channels.

Any help would be super.

I am also looking for a good card...see my thread on PCTV

From what I can gather there are issues with some cards and their drivers etc....I wanted a card for recording one channel whilst watching another.....there are a number of cards but all have their issues..... probably will wait on this one....

*gets out the torch and shines it over a pile of TV cards*

Sorry in one of those moods today...

Seriously though, most popular Freeview one at the moment seems to be the External USB Nova-T by Hauppage. Works very well with good image quality.

Back
Top Bottom