Son banned from Overwatch competitive play AGAIN

Soldato
Once again my son has been banned without warning from competitive play in Overwatch. This is the 2nd time it's happened. The last time we totally understood as we had a poor internet connection which would lag out. Despite raising support tickets with Blizz asking for the warning to be reset nothing could be done and he eventually got banned for too many disconnects.

However I've upgraded the PC wifi connection and its solid, he never leaves games early and was playing on Saturday evening. When he logged in Sunday afternoon he was banned.

He's a good player so I launched a support ticket again but support cannot tell me for what reason he was banned nor they cant tell me if he's just suspended or banned or if they gave any warnings.

My son is a really honest boy (age 11) and said he got no warnings just booted up the game and the ban was in place. The previous time he told me about the warnings and that he would get banned.

Support also can't reinstate him and he has to wait out his suspension/ban for however long this is. :confused:

Now I know when people write banned in Blizz forums they get grief as they must have done something but this is one time where I think something has gone wrong.

Anyone else had some issues with the game?

EDIT: damned QWERTY keyboard it should be banned not bqnned :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the feedback I will try other avenues.

My son is 11 and school has started again so for me the ban comes at a nice time as he has studies now :D

However Im surprised after talking to two different support crew from blizz that they can't access the reason for bans. I'm sure I'm not the only one complaining about it.

If it was a hack (and he was caught) then I'm sure Blizz would ban the account not just comp play.

It's probably too many disconnects again but it would be nice of Blizz to admit it or even log for their Support the ban reason or better yet be more explicit in the game or send an e-mail god knows I get enough blizz spam in my inbox I'm sure they could implement a system that e-mails the account owner when a game bans you.

Anyway thanks for the thread title change as well.

He wouldn't be reported for abuse as we are in the same room I'd notice if he had started shouting at someone :D

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys I doubt the account is hacked it has 2 step verification on it.

I'm also sure that he did something as the company doesn't want to waste time banning for nothing.

Is there a warning system in place for the game if so then perhaps he's used all his chances and now each subsequent disconnect leads to a ban.

Overwatch is rated 12 he'll be 12 this year :)

Like I said it's not a huge deal but the CS isn't very good.

He'll be using the downtime to practice his Maths and English ;)

Back
Top Bottom