Son excluded from school!

Soldato
Today the school phoned up,and informed me my son was excluded for 1 day for quote 'scratching a pupil in class'!
He has never been in any trouble before,is top of his class in most subjects,is the least violent person I know.He loves school,and learning.
He has been pushed around and bullied on numerous occasions,and the school has done nothing,except 'have a word' with the kids involved.
Today,another kid tried to take my sons book off him and rip it,in his attempt to hold on to it they got scratched on the arm.That was enough to get him excluded tomorrow,and a meeting with the deputy head and head of year on Friday.
I'm very annoyed,as this will now go on his school record,and I think this will affect him in the future.
I'm seriously considering taking the home education route!

Soldato
OP
He's 13,and no,boxing lessons are not for him,he's the most placid kid I know,even though he did karate for 5 years!
We do send him to a private tutor after school anyway,for maths and English,and he learns more in one hour than 10 hours at school.
Seriously not impressed with the school right now!

Fox,there is no 'other side' to the story.The other kids said thats what happened as well.I suspect,as above,that the other kid is a 'problem child'

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I think its extremely odd for him to be excluded for a 'minor incident',but that is what appears to have happened! He turned down a place at a grammar school to go to this school,as he liked the place so much.
As for all the 'there must be more to it' responses,we shall see on Friday,but I believe my son much more than the new supply teacher who was in charge when it happened!
As said,the exclusion can not be overturned.The best we can hope for is a note from the governors in his record.We WILL take it that far.

Soldato
OP
Just make sure you don't go off half cocked, it is still quite possible that there is more to it than you know and that your son may not be telling the whole truth.

True,hopefully we will know the reason on Friday at the meeting.Seems more than a bit harsh for a first 'offense'.We have never been contacted by the school about his behaviour,and he always gets glowing reports off all his teachers.Just really disappointed right now.He's gutted. :(

Soldato
OP
''it was probably the kids parents who pushed for the removal of OPs son from class. '' I think this is what has happened.
I have no doubt that my son lies on occasion! Problem here is,his story is the same as his head of year who phoned me up to tell me he was excluded!
Kid tried to take his book,he tried to stop them,because they said they were going to rip it up,scratching the kid in the process.
Exclusion!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom