Son has locked his iPhone 6s

Man of Honour
Can anybody shine some light?
Son tried to change his passcode (which I set) but did it wrong and now can’t remember what it was. He tried to unlock it himself and now it’s been disabled for an hour. Is there a way to get into this or will I have to take it to the Apple shop?

many thanks

Man of Honour
Son tried to change his passcode (which I set) but did it wrong and now can’t remember what it was. He tried to unlock it himself and now it’s been disabled for an hour. Is there a way to get into this or will I have to take it to the Apple shop?

many thanks

If you keep getting it wrong it will lock permanantly and then using the itunes plug it into a pc and enter some details for the itunes account, it will wipe the phone but you should be able to get it going.

Soldato

I'm not sure even Apple can help on this. There is no way to override this if memory serves. The FBI asked Apple to unlock the iPhone of a terror suspect and they said they couldn't and wouldn't if they could. Maybe I'm wrong but I've a feeling I'm not.

Edit: Vince might be right in that it might be possible but only after wiping the phone.

Soldato
Wait for it to unlock and erase it from iCloud.com (find my iPhone section - device - erase device)

Or

Take to an Apple Store to be erased , you will need the Apple ID and password

OR

Restore at home from iTunes

Back
Top Bottom