Sonic The Hedgehog 1/2/3

would have been cool if nuckles came in the 3rd film matching the game. Oh well.

That's what I thought too. Sonic 2 = Sonic/Tails being playable characters and Sonic 3 = all 3 being playable. Looking at the trailer though, I like that the bi-plane bit is in it. I think I'll still watch it. I also like that 2022 is 30 years on from the game's release and that some of us here were alive in 1992. I was 14.

P.S. I think the next Sonic game after no.3 (disregarding the spin-offs such as Sonic Spinball and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine) was Sonic 3D? That was in isometric 3D and it needed the Sega 32X add-on IIRC.

That's what I thought too. Sonic 2 = Sonic/Tails being playable characters and Sonic 3 = all 3 being playable. Looking at the trailer though, I like that the bi-plane bit is in it. I think I'll still watch it. I also like that 2022 is 30 years on from the game's release and that some of us here were alive in 1992. I was 14.

P.S. I think the next Sonic game after no.3 (disregarding the spin-offs such as Sonic Spinball and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine) was Sonic 3D? That was in isometric 3D and it needed the Sega 32X add-on IIRC.
It didn't require it, I do think it might have ran better though.

I got the game for my birthday on my Mega Drive and played it without any of the addons.

It was ‘Sonic and Knuckles’ in which Knuckles was first playable. That cartridge could connect with Sonic 3 though for ‘Sonic 3 and Knuckles’ and Knuckles was introduced in ‘Sonic 3’ so easy to get them confused!

On the second paragraph, you’re thinking of Sonic 3D blast… no 32x required! But there was a Mega-CD version of the same game with beefed up graphics and audio :)

It was ‘Sonic and Knuckles’ in which Knuckles was first playable. That cartridge could connect with Sonic 3 though for ‘Sonic 3 and Knuckles’ and Knuckles was introduced in ‘Sonic 3’ so easy to get them confused!

On the second paragraph, you’re thinking of Sonic 3D blast… no 32x required! But there was a Mega-CD version of the same game with beefed up graphics and audio :)

Thanks dude. I remember Knuckles being playable and also as a villain but I forgot it was 2 games as Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. Sonic 3 on Wikipedia also references 3D Blast, so yes I got muddled up there as well.

I loved Megadrive-era Sonic and still play it on my Switch, and old/new Mario (... I know I'm a traitor!)

Thanks dude. I remember Knuckles being playable and also as a villain but I forgot it was 2 games as Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. Sonic 3 on Wikipedia also references 3D Blast, so yes I got muddled up there as well.

I loved Megadrive-era Sonic and still play it on my Switch, and old/new Mario (... I know I'm a traitor!)

Haha I think it’s fair to say that Mario certainly has the better games…!

I love the music from the series. I’m actually going to see the ‘Sonic Symphony’ in London later this year, which is mostly classical variations of the genesis games (you can find a set on Apple Music / Spotify etc). Definitely one of the nerdiest things I’ll do this year :o :D

Back
Top Bottom