Sons of Anarchy

Soldato
Having just finished season 1 and thinking it's awesome, I wondered if anyone else has been watching it?

It's very much worth checking out if you've not seen it.

Associate
Yeah, I watched both seasons a couple of weeks ago. It's a superb show, I can't wait for the third season and I wonder where they will go it with it.

Man of Honour
part way through season 5 enjoying it, however
How is there another 2 seasons everyones dead, how can they even be called a gang anymore.

Soldato
part way through season 5 enjoying it, however
Google suggests that the minimum number is about 4-6, given that American gangs seem to have their origins in outlaw cowboy groups.

However: https://nij.gov/topics/crime/gangs/pages/definitions.aspx

Add to this the fact that most real life MCs, MCCs and Bikey Gangs are usually flush with wannabes, hangarounds and Prospects, the SoA should have no problem fluffing (yes, that's a CaraCara joke) their ranks back up.

Soldato
SoA was one of the most disappointing TV shows i've watched. It started off great and had so much to offer and had potential. Then it just turned into a soap opera halfway through.

Also, that season in "Ireland" hahaha.

Soldato
It always was a soap opera.
In fact, Sutter himself has said, "For the record, SOA is an adrenalized soap opera, it's bloody pulp fiction with highly complex characters"...

You could tell from how often everything was going great and all Jax had to do was not do the one thing he then stormed off in a mood to do... or how often the Club had to "reach out to" some ally or other... or how near-irrelevant plots get shoehorned in so often, in order to pad the thing out to the full seven seasons...

Commissario
SoA was one of the most disappointing TV shows i've watched. It started off great and had so much to offer and had potential. Then it just turned into a soap opera halfway through.

Also, that season in "Ireland" hahaha.

Yup.

The first season or two were great, my father, brother and I all gave up on it at different points in seasons 4 and 5.

Man of Honour
Isn't there a main thread on this show?

I thought season 1 was great but already potential went out the windows in 2 and I skimmed through bits of 3 and stopped watching it. Wasn't a fan either of the fact it glorified people who in naked reality are pretty low scum which I kind of didn't see through with the first season but came to realise after that.

Man of Honour
was getting a little bored but last episode of season 5 harsh very harsh. although getting the "nothings going to plan" fatigue.

Gemmas statement, brilliant. Although towards the end of the season it all got very cry baby and homo erotic(more than usual). Also who didn't see her getting arrested (although i assume the ex cop features heavily in next season) has anything ever gone right for them in well ever. it really could do with the odd episode of stuff going right and progress for them

Soldato
Wasn't a fan either of the fact it glorified people who in naked reality are pretty low scum which I kind of didn't see through with the first season but came to realise after that.
That's the point, though - The Club was never meant to be like this in the first place. The whole seven-season schlep from Jax's end is his efforts to turn things back to how they should be, while conflicted within and conflicting with just about everyone around him.

Man of Honour
finally finished it, really struggled with the last 2 series and I thought the ending was poor.

Hayley McFarland(played Brooks) was the highlight of the 7th season, she's extremely cute.

ah well on to a new series.

Caporegime
Yeah last season was a bit of a drag, the CG in the wheelchair scene and the very last scene of the show/finale was dire and I didn't like the ending that much. Very happy I watched though (twice now).

Back
Top Bottom