Sony OLED - Owners Thead

Associate
Hello all,

Just thought I'd start this thread to bring together all owners of Sony OLED TV. There are many LG threads but a distinct lack of Sony..

I've ordered a Sony KE65A8 (H) won't be able to use it until the end of the month but I'm very excited. This will be the first TV I've owned so I've done my research and believe this is the right TV for me and my usage.

Anyway it will be interesting to hear other members thoughts and experiences of their Sony OLEDs good or bad, especially long term owners with regards to things like reliability and burn in.

Associate
Hi Infiniteey,

Owner of an A855 set since November 2019.
Cant fault the TV. I have an amp and speakers for the sound and use my Xbox for light gaming and netflix and prime so my TV is just used for the picture.
No issues with burn in at all.
At the time of purchase it was cheaper than the LG Oled and I was struggling to choose between them.
Glad I went with the Sony.

Soldato
Bought my Sony 65 AF9 in 2018 and i had no problems with it or screen burn at all yet (Touch wood)

It has an amazing picture am so pleased i picked the Sony OLED :):):)

I should have bought the smaller 55" as i have nothing to upgrade too now :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hi Infiniteey,

Owner of an A855 set since November 2019.
Cant fault the TV. I have an amp and speakers for the sound and use my Xbox for light gaming and netflix and prime so my TV is just used for the picture.
No issues with burn in at all.
At the time of purchase it was cheaper than the LG Oled and I was struggling to choose between them.
Glad I went with the Sony.

Good to hear. I too was also considering the LG but I think I just a preference for Sony TVs from my fond childhood memories of Sony Trinitron CRT :)
Sounds like I will have similar usage to yourself.

Would you have any experience of watching 720p content from the web, does it upscale well?

Associate
OP
Why didn't you buy the new sony A90J or even the A80J ?

I would have loved to get a brand new A90J but too pricey for me. 65 is £3500!!
As for the A80J (£2700), reviews say there is very little difference in performance from the A8H. The main differences are that the new A80J has 2.1 HDMI with VRR (I don't need, I have a Switch lol), Google TV instead of Android TV, and a new remote (I would have quite liked). https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/com...a80j-oled/12801/21563?usage=11&threshold=0.10

Besides I managed to get a good deal for the 65A8H. Argos was selling it with a free HT-G700 sound bar, and my flat mate works for Sainsbury's so she gets a 10% discount, brought the price down to £1710.

Associate
I have a Sony A8 55"! Currys special edition version, with the silver remote, and special legs(which im not using)

I've had a Pioneer Kuro pdp-5090 plasma, and the picture beats that, i've also had a panasonic 4k lcd/led tv, which really, was quite pants. The sony, android tv, and the sound out of the box is very good. especially since now you watch everything from the apps rather than coax/satellite signal.

Caporegime
I've had a 65" LG C6 (sold) and currently a 65" C9

But we're buying a house soon, and will effectively have two lounges. I'll keep the C9 for my gaming bits but very temped by the 83" Sony A90J for movies/streaming/Sky Q

Price is a bit eye-watering but there were Youtube videos claiming 1300 nits brightness due to the 2nd gen LG panel and the massive heatsink on the back.

The trouble is, I can save £2000 and get a 77" G1 though...

Back
Top Bottom