Sony Trinitron GDM-F520

Soldato
I'm thinking about getting one of these to replace my 930SB and apart from the difference in size I was wondering if there's much difference between the two monitors? I'd also like to hear from anyone out there who's had any experience with this monitor.

Associate
Worth £29 off fleabay, at least that's how I got mine.

I'm using an Iiyama VM Pro453 downstairs on my main pc, but this is the upstairs monitor.

Looks great in the bedroom for movies and so forth...

<edit> Ignore me, I have a CPD 520GS, still worth every penny! :p

Last edited:

str

str

Soldato
I went from a 19" CRT to 2 x 22" Mitsubishi 230SBs (bought from ebay at £19.99 each yet are manufactured in March and April 2003!) and the only major differrence is actually the size which of course is much more enjoyable to use and pleasing on the eyes. :D

It's £50 for the top of the range Sony Trinitron? If it's not too old I'd take it instantly. :)

Man of Honour
I have one sitting upstairs. Before I moved to a TFT I absolutely loved the monitor. I'd personally argue it was one of the best ever CRT's and I've often thought about using it again. If I recall it has a very small dot pitch (.24 dpi?) and so was extremely sharp. It was from Sony's professional range and so it was not only sharp but have very good resolution and colour definition. It also has a lot of inputs and a USB1 hub.

It's heavy though!

Back
Top Bottom