Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones any good for TV use ?

Soldato
Do any of you guys use sony WH-1000XM4 headphones for watching movies on TV ?
As am thinking of buying these headphones for using with my TV and maybe also for a bit of PC/Console gaming

Would i be better of paying the extra for the newer M5 version :confused:

Last edited:
Too laggy for console.

AptX support would be better for TV lip sync. What codec does your TV support

Thanks for the reply

The Specs only say which USB playback Codecs it supports, But i don't use anything by USB on my TV

For headphones it just says = Headphone 3D Surround Ready - Yes

Edit
Bluetooth profile support

• Version 4.2,HID (mouse/keyboard connectivity)/HOGP (Low Energy device connectivity)/SPP(Serial Port Profile)/A2DP (stereo audio) 7/AVRCP (AV remote control)

Last edited:
I found this info but I don't think it's specific to your TV but I also believe older Sony sets it only supports the SBC Bluetooth codec.

Either way best thing do is try any only Bluetooth earphones to first check what you think of the lip sync/audio latency.

I regularly use BT audio with my LG C9 and it's a Godsend.

Last edited:
I found this info but I don't think it's specific to your TV but I also believe older Sony sets it only supports the SBC Bluetooth codec.

Either way best thing do is try any only Bluetooth earphones to first check what you think of the lip sync/audio latency.

I regularly use BT audio with my LG C9 and it's a Godsend.

Thanks again

I wish i did have some old bluetooth headphones to try, But I only have a pair of sony Pulse 3D wireless headphones that came with my PS5 but their not bluetooth :(

I also found from that link you posted that my TV can work with this wireless transmitter

Back
Top Bottom