Sony X Series Walkman owners, I have a couple of questions

Associate
So I'm thinking of getting a new mp3 player as my trusty Vaio Pocket is giving up after 5+ years of service. After looking at some of the spec me thread I'm considering the Sony X Series, in particular the 16gb version as I have no need for more (had the 40gb vaio for over 5 years and its not even half full and I probably listen to less than half of the music on it). I have a few question that aren't covered in any reviews.

1. Crashes. Has your X series crashed/frozen etc. I've noticed that the X series sports a reset hole, my vaio pocket started crashing the older it got and I now carry a paperclip attached to the case to reset it. Obviously this is frustrating.

2. Does it use any power when switched off? I'm assuming that the answer is not, that would be the logical thought, but the vaio pocket uses power when switched off (at a much reduced rate obviously). This means that if left for about a week (when new) the battery would be flat. Highly frustrating.

3. What happens when the battery runs out? When the battery on my vaio ran out you had to go through the setup process (touch pad config, more touch pad config, clock, date), which was really frustrating.

Answers to any of those questions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom