Sony Xperia 1 II - A return to form for Sony?

Associate
I've just been reading the latest leaks of Sony's new flagship smartphone for 2020 and it looks good on paper. Sony has consistently underperformed in recent years, but could this be their first good phone in a while.?

The Xperia 1 II seems to have a lot of boxes ticked including a return of the 3.5mm headphone jack for those that care! Sony appear to have changed some of their camera specs - they are now using a ZEISS lens, instead of their own G Lens that they've been using for a while.

The 5G handset also has a 6.5-inch 21:9 4K HDR OLED display, 4000mAh battery, wireless charging, stereo speakers, 3x optical zoom on its triple rear camera array, water resistance, 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage if the specs are to be believed.

Sony's press conference will reveal all tomorrow. Anyone else exicted?

Associate
OP
Camera was also a big disappointment, they just can't nail HDR and high contrast scenes which for a flagship isn't really forgivable in 2019. It's their software behind it that's the problem, not hardware so not sure how much a Zeiss lens will help.

Probably gonna be overpriced though.

Yep, agree. Two of Sony's biggest problems have been camera quality and price. We'll have to wait and see about the former, but can't see the latter being any better than in the past unfortunately. Maybe they will throw in some goodies to sweeten the deal.

Associate
OP
No you can't - it's not compatible withe the X1ii - I tried sideloading it but it needs some wizardry to get it to work which I haven't worked out yet.

Says I'm not compatible

That's a pain. I wonder what Sony's thinking was to make its own Album app incompatible with its flagship - particularly as most Sony fans love the app! Makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom