Sony Xperia 1 VI...

Associate
The latest Xperia 1 has been leaked (allegedly) a few weeks before its expected announcement on 17th May.

SD Gen 3, slightly improved camera, better DAC, brighter display moving from 21:9 to 19.5:9, consolidated video and camera apps, SD card slot and headphone jack of course...

I really hope they add the notification LED back but other than that, seems like a perfect phone.

More details on the leak can be found here - https://mspoweruser.com/exclusive-s...proved-telephoto-snapdragon-8-gen-3-and-more/

Anyone else likely to pick this up? Knowing Sony there'll be an incentive to buy early, possibly XM5 headphones for free.

Colours are black, silver and green - no purple or white :(

Leaked renders below:
sony-1-10-vi-7.jpg

sony-1-10-vi-12.jpg

sony-1-10-vi-13.jpg

sony-1-10-vi-8.jpg

sony-1-10-vi-14.jpg

sony-1-10-vi-15.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP

Next week it'll be announced, hopefully there isn't months of waiting for a launch but knowing Sony, it'll release in July

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The biggest issue I find with Sony is they make THE best sensors on the market but refuse to put them in their own phones. I'm sure everyone would agree Sony could drastically improve their position if they leveraged the unique strengths they have.

That said, I'll probably end up getting it - I really hope they release a Pro MKII with improved sensor.

Associate
OP
Like all brands, they have their diehard following but they seem to make the same mistakes...

If they wanted a significant share of the market, the changes they'd have to make are so obvious but alas, not forthcoming.

Associate
OP
While they don't have replaceable batteries, Sony does have leading battery care tech so the longevity is (probably) the best you can get.

The feature I really wish the 1 IV had is the ability to scale resolutions through HDMI output - I had an old Lumia 950 XL that had a dock and would act as a small PC, was class. I think Samsung has something (Dex?) but I'd never touch a Samsung phone.

Associate
OP
The camera has always been targeted at the 'pro', i.e. shooting manual without much focus on computational photography - if that's you, Samsung, Apple and others have invested substantially more in that area allowing AI and other software to tart images up.

Sony's seemingly geared towards the traditionalist.

I can't understand why they don't just stick a 1" sensor in the thing and make it slightly fatter.

Associate
OP
New leak suggests Xperia 1 may be available in red.

It's probable that it's a Docomo exclusive but could be imported.

It's not purple but it's more interesting than black...

Associate
OP
Sigh, looks like another imminent expense.

I wonder if the camera is true 48mp or 12mp binned, would be genuinely impressed and surprised if Sony moved from 12.

Associate
OP
I really don't think it will - I'm expecting £1300 as per usual sadly.

That said, everyone is kicking off over the screen res it seems, does it really make that much of a difference? What's you're losing in PPI (which is possibly overkill anyway) you're gaining in brightness...

Associate
OP
All leaks have been on the money it seems, though things to note:

Red ISN'T available, just green, black and silver
Will get THREE Android version updates and FOUR years of security updates
Price is £1299 and will be available from early June

Associate
OP
It'll drop to £999 around Xmas anyway which is enough time for the apps to have been sorted.

That said, the 1V will probably be around £6/700 by that point.

(All guesses based on previous Xperia pricing)

Associate
OP
Exactly my thoughts! Better value that's for sure, though proper (non shill) reviews should be coming out any time now!

Still gutted the red isn't available over here. Red 512GB model would've been nice.

Associate
OP
Mine arrives on Friday I think.

EE has it up for preorder/order, total handset price is £1030ish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom