*** Sony Xperia Z5 ***

Soldato
^^^^ What he said... I unplugged my phone around 8am yesterday and its still sitting on 69% battery just now. Where I work (yesterday) I have 2 cell towers within spitting distance of the office (as in I can walk 25 secs and touch them) so the reception is good however cell reception is poorer at home. In fact, the phone is constantly on WiFi Calling as its so poor... Currently showing -115dBm

For the record tho, I have GPS on high accuracy and my BT and WiFi are always on and I am not on Stamina mode.

Edit: meant to add, I play around 60-80 mins music via BT Streaming to my car each day as well

Last edited:
Associate
Finally decided on the Z5 (over the S6). Seems to have better battery life and I like the sd card option. Anything to look out for when I get it? Any recommendations for a good screen protector and phone case?

Associate
Finally decided on the Z5 (over the S6). Seems to have better battery life and I like the sd card option. Anything to look out for when I get it? Any recommendations for a good screen protector and phone case?

headphones wise the s6 gets the ear phones that block outside noise (the ones that come with ear plugs built in)

Associate
Thank you. I don't use earphones much. Anything else to look out for? I'm upgrading from an HTC one s, so really looking forward to tomorrow :)

Soldato
I'll let you know about the Roxfit case and tempered glass protector when it arrives today. Headphone wise, I'm fond of Soundmagic headphones, cheapish and cheerful. I'm umming about ordering the Sony MDR EX750 HD headphone things but I do not listen to music from the phone all that often so slightly extravagant.

Soldato
I bought this tempered screen protector - http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/olixar-sony-xperia-z5-tempered-glass-screen-protector-p55144.htm

Very neat fit so along with this case - http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/flexishield-ultra-thin-sony-xperia-z5-gel-case-100-clear-p54892.htm you dont even know a screen protector is there.

Very easy to apply as well... I kept the factory film on it until I installed this. Line it up good then just press it and watch as it applies itself to the screen. Also feels just like a naked screen as its glass and not a film.

Associate
New update 32.0.A.6.152 being pushed, alleged change list:

Update "Home" version.
Optimization "cameras" startup speed.
Re-optimized phone heating problem.
Upgrading contacts database.
Optimization of fluency.
"Camera" photographs accelerated storage time!
Optimization "cameras" code.
"Fingerprint" to enhance the ability to identify.
Optimize "RAM."
"Calendar" interface optimization.
Add "VoLTE" function.

http://apk.tw/thread-722433-1-1.html (Chinese)

Associate
I kept the factory film as well. I put some tempered glass on the screen and a see through gel case on the back. The glass doesn't quite fit to the edge but does a good job.

I haven't received the new update yet. Through my normal use, my battery lasts around 18 hours. Google play services eats away at the battery for some reason.

Soldato
Picked up the Z5 and had a brief go on it and with my limited time it's a good solid device. Unfortunately it has to go back because it has white spots across the middle of the screen.

I understand that some Z3 units had a similar issue. Shame that Sony haven't sorted this problem out as it has inconvenienced me a great deal.

Soldato
Picked up the Z5 and had a brief go on it and with my limited time it's a good solid device. Unfortunately it has to go back because it has white spots across the middle of the screen.

I understand that some Z3 units had a similar issue. Shame that Sony haven't sorted this problem out as it has inconvenienced me a great deal.

First I've heard of it. XDA havent mentioned it and they are usually all over that stuff.

Associate
I thought I'd be really happy with my Z5, after upgrading from an HTC One S. It's nice and fast and I like the screen but it doesn't seem great like I feel it should have. The battery drains just as quick as my One S when playing games. Guessing because of the better hardware in the Z5 vs half the battery capacity of the One S. I'm just left wondering is it really worth £31 per month.

My other option. Send it back, the Mrs is due an upgrade at the end of the year. I would get her note 3 and she would get something new.

Back
Top Bottom