sound card or not to sound card, that is the question

Soldato
Hello all again,

I've always had onboard sound and been quite please with it "I mean it makes a sound right"

Anyway my friend says that having a sound card would make it miles better, just like onboard gpu compaird to buying a gpu the brought one offers so much more to gaming, But what does a sound card do for me that my onboard sound does not and is it worth getting if all you do on the PC is gaming?

Soldato
OP
Well I currently have Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System and a pair of Goldring DR150 headphones, I was thinking on upgradeing them to a good 5.1 - 7.1 headset. Is it worth getting a sound card for the above?

Soldato
OP
Stick with what you have got and get a Xonar DG. It has Dolby headphone which I think gives better positional audio than 5.1 / 7.1 headsets.

So £25.99 would be well spent... and noticeable over onboard :D

Forgot to say this Xonar can run my speakers also not just headphones right?

Edit, from the picture what colour socket do I plug the headphones into? I guess the other 3 sockets are for my speakers..

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
sorry to keep going on, but is there a reason why you guys said get the Xonar DG (i'm brand new to sound cards) as for the same price I can get the following:

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Sound Card £26.99
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Sound Card - OEM same as above just OEM £19.99
Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 VX Sound Card - OEM £11.99

Or ofc as you guys said

Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card with built in Headphone Amp £25.99
Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card with built in Headphone Amp OEM £22.99

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom