Sound of Freedom

Soldato
So watched this the other night have seen a load of people talking about it on social media.

Went in expecting a low budget movie, came out pleasantly surprised and horrified at the same time. Everyone knows bad stuff happens in the world but not necessarily to what extent. Based on a true story. It's a tough subject to deal with and well I can see why Disney held it back as it was meant to release in 2018, but Epstein Island. Stars Jim Caviezel (Person of Interest, The Passion of the Christ)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
21st Century Fox were the original distributors, when they got absorbed by Disney the movie was shelved for whatever reasons. It took another studio who crowd sourced the distribution to get the movie released, many people are trying to tie the movie to some QAnon conspiracy BS, which is absolute garbage, the movie was made in 2018, before covid, before QAnon even existed. It's even called a conservative right wing film. I mean if being against child trafficking is considered right wing, then shouldn't we all be right wing?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Correction - Qanon has been going since October 2017.

I don't really have any desire to watch the movie, but without seeing it and without knowing anything about it's production I can't really comment on anything else.

I stand corrected, in saying that though the script was written in 2015 and filming began in summer 2018 so a relatively small time period for conspiracy nuts to be digging their claws into a movie that had already been greenlit for production.

Back
Top Bottom